SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
QUOTE (Jon Cross @ 26 Aug 2011, 11:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Try Vauxhall Regatta Blue

That is a very good call.

I was going to say if no one replied that going into Halfords with a photo of the car is the best way to match colours, I've spent many an hour choosing paints this way in my local branch.

David

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
QUOTE (David Lawson @ 26 Aug 2011, 12:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was going to say if no one replied that going into Halfords with a photo of the car is the best way to match colours, I've spent many an hour choosing paints this way in my local branch.

This may have been possible when the lids of the cans were the actual colour. Now they use generic labels that bear no resemblance to the contents of the can and makes life a little more difficult in choosing the right colour.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
QUOTE (MAF @ 26 Aug 2011, 13:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This may have been possible when the lids of the cans were the actual colour. Now they use generic labels that bear no resemblance to the contents of the can and makes life a little more difficult in choosing the right colour.

My Halfords has clear lids on its paints but with a colour label wrapped around it so I still get to browse the colours while the puzzled staff look on.

David

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Wow, a great job. It makes the car look so much better. Well done.

It is a shame that one of the major manufacturers do not make this (and other) Tyrrells. I would buy them all.

Cheers,
Philip

·
Registered
973 Posts
What an improvement - some of these older cars really benefit from a coat of real paint and a little extra detailing. All you need to do now is paint the rear wheels bronze/gold as in the picture, unless that's a one off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts