SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like these cars and have all of them, but the chrome wheels have always bugged me for being too toy-like.

Anyway, today I was surfing for info on the 1968 Shelby 2000GT (its coming to Goodwood Festival of Speed - any English info gratefully received, by the way)....

...and found a site with both these images. Note how the Mustang's wheels are not only not chrome, but actually two tones of grey/gun metal.

Time to raid the old Tamiya paint box...

Scott

·
Premium Member
5,558 Posts
They look to me like something our friend BWA could/does manufacture.

I recently concluded that it was the too shiney nature of the chrome bits on the Scaley GT-40 that put me off the look of that model.

I have to say, well I don't have to but I will, I think the 'white model' concept is one of the better ideas Hornby have come up with in recent times - not that I have the wit or time to do a repaint of any of them - but they do seem like a good move for the hobbyists.

·
Registered
549 Posts
For plain coloured models, don't forget the Fly Racing Series which are all one colour or even flourescent!

Aaron

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong Aaron, but isn't the plastic used on the FLY Racers unsuitable for paint? Apart from the luminous Capri. Painting that defeats the object rather.

MArk.

·
Registered
549 Posts
To be honest Mark, I have not tried painting one so it had not occured to me. Something else for me to try........

Aaron

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
We await your results Aaron
Mind you, even if the shells do not take to paint kindly, they should allow decals to be stuck on; just pick the appropriate colour shell and sponsor away!

Mark.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts