SlotForum banner

Scalextric Winston Cup (NASCAR) cars

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Scatman 
#1 ·
Hi,

Scalextric has been quite silent about new cars to NASCAR range

Does anyone know if they are going to produce new cars (=Dodge, Chevy) or
new liverys from old models?

Or is there again some stupid licencing problem with NASCAR which doesn´t allow Scalextric to sell cars to Europe

See less See more
#2 ·
I've heard rumours, (unreliable) that they didn't sell as well as desired - I find this hard to believe, to be honest.
Also rumours that there are no more currently planned.
I stress that this is absolutely NOT reliable info!!!
Maybe someone else has better sources?

#4 ·
Are new NASCARS the thing that is going to get the American market moving forward, or is the money saved by not having new NASCARS better spent elsewhere to get the American market excited?

After the initial buzz about the Carrera Mopars I wonder how they are really selling?

My view is that new technology is the way forward as this will create new markets.

New NASCARS will not expand the market in America but will simply appeal to the current crop of enthusiasts.

Moped

#5 ·
Well all I can say is that the Carrera's were a instant hit here in Colorado. They sold out with in a day at my shop. The second shipment did as well. The Scaley Nascars have been sitting there for months. The problem with the current Nascars from Scaley are they don't make the most popular drivers. Nascar is a sport focused on the Drivers more than the make of cars. A change from the past when it was as much about the machine(brand loyalty) as the driver. Just isn't that way today. If they want to succed with current Nascars they need to make more than just Fords and Pontiacs.

#6 ·
The Carreras are doing tremendously well, partly because they are incredibly well priced and partly because the cars modelled have immensely more visual appeal than most.
They are EXACTLY what America has been looking for and would sell well even if they were not such amazing bargains.
(Or Bar Goons as BWA might say!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.