SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Is there anybody out there that can tell me if Scalextric ever produced the red/silver #23 Xanavi GT-R or are the images I've seen just pre-production shots?

Im dying to know as I've been hunting it for a while and prefer it to the red/silver #22 Xanavi GT-R which I already have.

·
David H
3,908 Posts
I think the Xanavi Skyline was only produced as #22. Scalextric C2637.

There are images floating around in cyberspace showing it as a #23, but, like you, I suspect they are pre-production photos.

Electric Dreams show a #23 C2637 still for sale at $109.95, so perhaps an email to them will confirm whether it really exists.

There's a comprehensive list of the Scalextric produced Skylines at slotcarportal

C2637-23-mythical.jpg

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,844 Posts
I think that the #23 photo has been taken of a Tamiya kit and has been used incorrectly - things such as the +lit+tle +-tamiya logo the sponsor on the race number etc suggest this isn't a Scalextric car

cheers
DM

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (dangermouse @ 15 Aug 2012, 04:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think that the #23 photo has been taken of a Tamiya kit and has been used incorrectly - things such as the +lit+tle +-tamiya logo the sponsor on the race number etc suggest this isn't a Scalextric car

cheers
DM

Thanks dangermouse I hadn't thought of that, but having had another look it's definitely the Scalex tooling as indicated by the lack of front grill detail and the large join line between the chassis and body.

·
Jim Moyes
5,077 Posts
Did Takara Quattrox ever produce a Skyline? I know they announced one, but I'm not sure if they carried it through to production after the tie-up with Hornby was made. Hornby had already announced their own Skyline so only took the other three cars from Takara.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Takara planned to produce a Skyline, a prototype was even shown, but it never materialized. It was not the same Skyline as Scalextric though, Takara intended to produce the one which followed the one released by Scalextric.

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Take a look at this thread..... LINK, there's a photograph of the #23 car at the 2007(2006?) London toy fair (on what I assume is the Scalextric stand). I'm guessing it's a pre-production model and for some reason the livery changed before release as the CC2637??? That pre-production car must be out there somewhere though......Happy hunting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the link DJ, Electricdreams got back to me with the following;

"Thanks for pointing this out ! it's #22 and we will amend our listing."

Bugger
looks like it was a prototype only

1 - 9 of 9 Posts