SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello once more
Now I've been interested in slotcars for over a year and have recently started a collection of my own. I really love the old American cars like the Corvettes, Cobras and Mustangs. One of the cars I especially like is the Scalextric Ford Boss Mustang 302. I currently own the Blue No.1 Mustang and I think it is really cool. But as much as I love Boss Mustangs I haven't been very impressed with there choice of colours. Apart from the Blue one the colours they come in are white, yellow and an orangey-brown. To me only the blue one is good and looks a million times better than the other 3 liveries. Luckily Scalextric are bringing out another design around Winter this year. It is dark red and has a number 70 on it. Even though the picture I saw of it was the real 1:1 version I still recon it's a supercool design. I think I've finally found another design I like. I'll try to pick it up as soon as I can. What do you think about the Ford Boss Mustang 302's? If you have anything to say about the designs out or future designs to come, just write to me soon telling me about your opions and ideas. I love these cars a lot and will accept any opions, ideas and suggestings you have regarding the car.

·
Matt Nicholls
1,999 Posts
If you dont like the scaley liveries you can buy a kit of the car and paint it how you like. all you need is a motor and chassis etc.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I was checking this car out in a shop display the other day. I like street liveries, and this car has the added attraction of lights.

I used to cruise around with an old neighbor in his boss mustang , and my bother also owned a bright green one for a while. But I am looking for the street version of the arch rival, the Camero. It has a better stance, it just looks better to me.

Even though I have heard many times that the Mustang is the faster of the two, the Camero is the one for me. I like lights, what can I say? (beside I wish they were as nice as the Fly lights?).

I already own two examples of the mustang, and one of the camero. The cars came in a set I bought, with the extra mustang purchised because it had a big Parnelli Jones on the side. I used to bump into his open wheel crew around town , and had trade with him as a customer once.

The baby diarrea color is really a good color , once you see it. It looks good on the black track, sets off the chrome nicely, and is not duplicated on other cars, you can be sure of that.

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Yeah that sounds like a good idea scaleymatt. If nothing good comes out soon I might just have to pick myself up a shell, a motor, wheels and everything else I need to build it.

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
So you like both the Mustang and the Camaro beach cruiser but you think the camaros are better. I'll admit I do like some of the camaros but not as much as the Mustangs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts