Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Here`s a nice Race Tuned Fiat 600 I`ve just received from Phil Smith. It still has it`s original box & correct paperwork.
Cheers,
Kev.
PS.All photos in my previous posts have gone. Photobucket went down this morning & for some reason has wiped off every image!?

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Very nice - especially with the real car in the background!

Always tempted with these, but so expensive!

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Hi Kev, looks like your dustbin has been upgraded?

Agree with Jexy... nicey but pricey.
Cheers,
Richard

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks lads.
The real Fiat is our lasses. They really are a great little car.
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here it is next to a Spanish Scalextric re-issue (Seat 600)from 2005.
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I`m sure I`ve seen a resin kit available Wraith, but the scratch builders would be able to confirm better than me.
Cheers,
Kev

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,581 Posts
Hello Kev,
Very nice Fiat 600 there. Have never seen one of these - always seemed an exotic slot car, despite its humble 1:1.

Any Italian roots in your family, you mentioned that your dad had a 131 ?

Edit: - meant to say that resin 600 (also 500) available from A2M - Linky

Kind regards, Leo

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Kev,

I always like to read your posts as they show us cars that may not rate big time with the current expectations of fast and highly detailed slot cars, but boy, do the cars you show have character!!

Keep the posts and the pictures coming.....

Cheers,

Philip

(P.S. My son wants to know why most of the new style Fiat 500's that you see on the road are white!!!)

·
Phil Smith
2,620 Posts
QUOTE (P.S. My son wants to know why most of the new style Fiat 500's that you see on the road are white!!!)

'cause White is the new Black, which of course was the new Silver which in it's turn was the new Red, in other words, fashion, most of all new cars are now White.

I'm just waitng for Mustard Yellow to come back round again

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Don't worry Phil, if flares and wide lapels also make a come-back and then you and me will have the last laugh!!!

Philip

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
. Philip. Most of the Fiat 500s are white because you don`t pay extra for that colour!
& also if you order one in any other colour you can wait 6 weeks for delivery.
Cheers,
Kev

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Suprisingly well Cube!
It`s quite heavy for it`s size, so it holds the track well.
However it is race tuned & I only tried it with the old standard Scalex throttle, so it would go better if I`d used the correct Race Tune throttle.
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've got a couple of (Mark I?) race tuned rally minis which I found were great runners with some TLC and new tyres, mainly I do think it's probably because they're so heavy for their size. I've still never quite got straight what makes a car race tuned, is it just a different motor?

Anyway always fancied one of those Fiats, she's a beauty.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts