SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about the new Scaley DTM cars, particulary the Holden Castrol Angel and the Ford Pirtek AUS Angel? They look really good, but how do they handle?

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
No I don't, but these cars are NOT DTM cars! They run in Australia, wjereas the DTM means "Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmm I must say, I'm not offering my opinion based on personal expierience with the cars you mention, but with the Scalextric cars I do have( two Porshce GT3R/Mustang/TVR400R/MG Lola/Mclaren MP4/Subaru Impreza), all of the sidewinder cars handle and perform very similar, As in they are spritely enough of the mark and in general handle to a acceptable level, but they dont have the recovery window of Ninco and SCX cars(as an example) when they do become unstuck(or in a slide/power slide),

Really I would rate them as good fun cars which are easy to drive fast to a level, but go beyond that level and you need to be fast to catch them before they crash(I hope all that makes some sort of sense!!!),

Oh and they are all quite nicely finished and detailed,

hth
Sunny

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
This link might help:-

Review of Australian V8 muscle cars

Its a pity Scaley don't import these cars into the UK as a budget starter saloon car for youngsters as they are even more tank like than the NASCARS.

I have one but at the price I paid it is a shelf queen and has not seen the track. Oh to be able to pick some up for the price they are for sale in the USA!

Moped

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please excuse the boo boo, Biberle. I was just going off the listing on the website of a US retailer who has these cars listed under Scalextric DTM. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
We have four different ones at our track. They provide great fun and laughs when raced together. In performance they would be about half way between the inline nascars and the sidewinders.

There is about ten available NOW on www.ebay.com.au . Just do a search under scalextric.

ALso the second pair released, valvoline and shell cars are limited to 1200 of each.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've got all four and for some reason, just like in real life, the Holdens are faster than the Fords (hehehehe).

Great cars, very rugged and can be made better with a few minor mods. They also benefit from shaving the posts to lower them.

I'm puzzled as to why the e-retailer has them listed as "Angel" and not Commodore or Falcon?

Steve

·
Registered
119 Posts
And why Scalextric limit the numbers is clearly a strange decision. We know they're somewhat popular overseas, especially in the US thanks to Harry at HRW, yet if Scalex produced a limited edition car then these are them. They're a great club car, an excellent beginners car because they're basic like the Dallara openwheelers yet they're rare as hen's teeth.
I never could quite understand marketing decisions and this is one of them.

Here's a V8 tuning guide thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts