SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, the latest 3D printed chassis is going to be for the McLaren M23 by Scalextric. Its been quite tricky but hopefully everything will work when the prototype comes in next week!

Cheers
Andi

·
Bob Chapman
6,950 Posts
Fantastic news Andi. I will be preparing my order. What I fi d amazingnis the simple ability to maintain the good looks of the cars and yet improve the performance to such a competitive level.
Kudos and thanks
Bob

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the long awaited Scalextrix Mclaren M23 conversion to Policar gearbox has finally been completed! I nearly gave up a dozen times. Got there in the end. I'll work on the How-to in due course but the photos here show the basic elements. 1. carve up the underpan (available separately item no. W9425). 2. Insert the gearbox and running gear into the chassis. 3. Minor modifications to the underside of the body and driver. 4. Assemble the Policar DFV kit and exhausts. 5. Minor modifications to the rear wing. 6. Screw it all together and off you go!

Cheers
Andi

·
Bob Chapman
6,950 Posts
Looks good Andi.
Having a nice platform under this car will make it much more enjoyable to drive I'm sure.
Let us know when it is on site.
Bob

·
Bob Chapman
6,950 Posts
Done and done, thanks Andi
Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts