SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have picked up a rather sad looking sl for a project (the backlog is growing!). i am looking for a picture as refernce to rebuild the rear arches to more or less as they should be. i have had a search but not found a good clear side view. any help would be greatly appreciated. the motor that came with it also seems to be missing the brushes , though i am not sure wether that is all as i have never had one of these "old" motors before.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers all. photos are great for reference , absolutely ideal. im not afraid of a bit of graft on this one to ressurect a good looking old girl! plasticard and milliput should see her on the way to a beautiful @rse again. i wanted to make sure i could get the "strakes" over the arches correct. i dont want to upset any purists but my plan is for it to have a light , less is more , modern hot rod twist. smoothed , de-bumpered (hence not worried at lack of them) and more than likely convertred to right hand drive. i think the fact that the motor ever being a runner is a grey area also means i may drop it right down ultra low over a modern chassis.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (DJ @ 29 May 2012, 21:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lots of work to do then, I look forward to seeing the finished article, best of luck with the build.

just a bit.....but i think it should come together quite nicely. i will post up pics as and when.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (loosesalute @ 29 May 2012, 21:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>sounds like a great idea Pete! No harm in what you`re doing to get an old wreck going again.
Cheers
Kev.
hi kev. thanks for the comment. i was unsure wether i'd have a lynch mob of purists at my door , baying for blood! i purpously bought this one because i knew if i bought a tidy one that i wouldnt be able to bring myself to modify it.......which i really wanted to do.....having seen a modified 1:1 car. hence buying two 260z's too. one to restore , one to mod. it may be a while before i get round to getting this one done but i will most certainly keep the pics coming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.