SlotForum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble in that the wheels keep falling off my Scaley Porsche 962's . Even super glue is struggling. They realy need replacing. Can I get new scaley wheels to fit, or what size slot it plastics. I idealy don't want alloy, cheap and cheerfull is fine on a 10m track. Too fast and my mates dammage the furnature! Hope sombody can help. Bit dissapointed at Gadon no really lots of spares, loads of cars but spares not really. Hence the question now.

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
If the wheels haven't worked loose so much that holes are enlarged, it is worth trying the side cutter method. This era of Scaley cars were bad for wheels falling off, but we found that superglue was never very successful at re-attaching them.

With a pair of small side cutters, just "pinch" the axle at right angles, a couple of mm from the end. Just enough to mark it. Then rotate the axle 90 degrees and pinch again a couple of mm further in from the original mark. The wheel should need quite firm pressure to go back on the axle, so make sure you keep everything lined up correctly as you press.

The wheels on the Group Cs are the same front and rear, so you can always swap them round if they are too worn. The front wheels don't have the extra stress of driving the car, especially if magnets or brakes are used, so glue can be used to keep front wheels on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts