SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one found out how much fun these scaly start endurance cars are
I bought 4 chipped em all in about an hour flat using saloon car chips what an easy fit, and great racing me and my 2 boys one is 7 years one is 4years just cant put em down, they realy are good fun, and dont look half bad either, and they take a real pounding as well, the rear wing comes off in any heavy impact instead of breaking, good idea I like it.

would recomend to any one that wants some cheap robust cars for howling round the track when your mates come round for a session, without worrying about them killing your favourite cars, or the awkward
sorry mate I didnt mean to snap your rear wing off.

all the best
Terry

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Once they are run in they are really good fun cars ..... as you have discovered, I bought six of them and I am thinking of buying some F1 cars just for the craic

·
Registered
18 Posts
We've begun a class of racing at our club, DeBary Glen Raceways in DeBary, Florida, USA. Basically out of the box and they are a blast to race. It's a great car for the price.

We are also running the "Pro" cars from Scalextric as well.

Excellent values!

·
Circuit Owner
5,924 Posts
I you are going to chip the endurance start cars you may as well light them

(the red light in the middle under the chassis is a flashing one)

The headlights are superbright LEDs and the LED just in front of the wing on the top of the body is colour coded to the car to make it easier to tell your car apart in the dark.

The LEDs are powered from a bridge rectifier (4 diodes in a bridge) direct from the guide so the lights are always on - it makes it easier for marshals to tell when the car is back on the track in the dark.

Just the thing for night racing

And yes - the superbright LED headlights really are that powerful.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well Mr Modifier and fl_slotter they realy look amaizing!!!! good stuff, I have a full set off 6 f1 starts as well but they need more mag power realy as they de slot real easy, they definately don't feel as much fun to drive. kind of wished I had gotten 6 more endurance cars and gone all scratchie on their buts, just painted 2 of the 6 I have in a similar colour to the red bull blue, just need to order a set of white decals for the black and blue coloured car as the one set I have used looks ok. so it makes it look like I have 2 cars per team and 3 teams, to id the cars I have just swapped the rear wings over so there is 2 white cars one with a black wing one with a white wing, the black cars are set up in the same way, the blue have one white wing one blue wing. will try to get some pickies on for you all to see but they are not as good as fl_slotter's cars by a long shot as they are my first painting attempt. so I have a long way to get the results he has ....

·
Circuit Owner
5,924 Posts
Hi Merc_A

The Front LEDs are 5mm round and I simply drilled a 5mm hole horizontally in the front wing and seated the LED in the hole. Keeping it horizontal is important because the superbright LEDs are highly directional and I wanted to light the track and avoid dazzling the drivers! The LEDs look OK as I only pushed them in far enough to sit flush with the body. They are glued in from behind. Then - on the white bodies I painted black acrylic paint on the inside of the LED and the bodywork to stop the LEDs lighting up the bodywork (that always spoils a car in my opinion).

The rear LEDs are rectangular. The Endurance cars have big rectangular gaps at the back so I superglued the LED to the bottom edge of the hole. The blinking LED is pushed through a hole in the underside of the rear body tray so it reflects off the track.

The ID LED on the top of the body (colour coded to the controller colour) is a 3mm round LED pushed though as far as possible (where it is - it will never get hit in a crash). Again - the inside of the bodywork and back of the LED on the white cars was painted with black acrylic to stop the light bleeding through.

Unlit the LEDs look OK.

Because the LEDs are all wired through a bridge rectifier off the guide the lights are always on so you never see the car unlit (we are night racing so if you come off the lights go out but as it's dark and you are in the middle of a race how the lights look isn't an issue!!!). This also helps marshalling because the lights come on as soon as the car is correctly replaced on the track.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I like the mods. hadn't comtemplated that before but I like the idea of a coloured LED pn the roof to match the assigned ID colour for that controller/car to enable easier line of sight recognition of your own car. Great!

·
Circuit Owner
5,924 Posts
Thanks for the comments everyone.

The colour coded LEDs really do make it easy to track your car around the circuit under night lighting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.