SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Al Schwartz
3,416 Posts
Well, I didn't want to bring this up before because I wasn't sure of my memory but looking at the pictures of the Mark I, I think that I am on reasonably solid ground:

The photo of the Resilient Resins MK I Scarab that was posted here a while back bothered me because it appeared that the body was rather slab-sided, dropping almost straight down from about the mid-point while the photos reinforced my memory of a body with an extreme "tumble home" much like a D Jag in cross section.

I have one of the Resiliet Resin Vanwalls. The body accurately duplicates a similar feature on the Vanwall so I am a bit puzzled as to why they did not duplicate the prototype contour on the Scarab.

I know that one can warm a glass body with a hair dryer and reshape it a bit but I don't know if this will work with resin.

EM

· Al Schwartz
3,416 Posts
Must have had a serious "serior moment" - It just occured t o me that I have one of the John Jude models that Russell referred to!

Lenght : 4.955" (159")

Width: 2.071" (66")

WB 2.879" (92")

The width is at the midpoint and is the widest point. The model is mounted on a commercial brass chassis and may have been "stretched" a bit to fit.

If it was, indeed pulled from a "Palmer" body, it may well be ovrsized as all the bodies from this maker that I have seen (sample of 2) were too big.

EM

· Al Schwartz
3,416 Posts
QUOTE If it was, indeed pulled from a "Palmer" body, it may well be ovrsized as all the bodies from this maker that I have seen (sample of 2) were too big.

Another brain cramp! I was thinking of Bergman Bodies - I have never, to my knowledge, seen a Palmer.

EM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.