SlotForum banner

Scenery question from Newbie

993 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  sealevel 
#1 ·
Im hoping to build an F1 Circuit and add to it to scenery, i believe the digital cars are 1/32 ?? so what sclae do i need to make buildings etc to make sure its all in proportion

thanks in advance

#2 ·
The obvious answer is 1;32 scale buildings for 1;32 scale cars, that said some have used smaller scales for distant building, but in general 1;32 scale.

Lots and lots of manufacturers out there making scenic items for 1;32 scale (and lots in 1;35 scale which is close enough).

Have a good read through the Track and Scenery section - thousands of tips for you there.

Also look at slot track scenics web site they have lots of things you might want.

Read through the Track and Scenery section - you will find 99% of everything you could ever want.

#5 ·
Hi F1.

As the lads have said. Trawl through the Track & Scenery section. There's a LOT of goodies in there. Be prepared to spend days, if not weeks, being inspired and somewhat gobsmacked in some instanced.

Also, depending on the era and nationality of what you're planning there are also possibilities for buildings and accessories within the 1:35 militaria world and the 1:35 to 1:32 (Britains and New Ray) farm toy world.

Good luck with the project. We all look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cheers
Embs

#6 ·
Using smaller scaled buildings, vehicles and figures in your layout will give it a greater feeling of depth without needing more space, this is called forced perspective. If you use trees that are to scale they will look huge and also tend to obstruct your view.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (Ember @ 24 May 2011, 12:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Also, depending on the era and nationality of what you're planning there are also possibilities for buildings and accessories within the 1:35 militaria world and the 1:35 to 1:32 (Britains and New Ray) farm toy world.

Good luck with the project. We all look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Cheers
Embs

I want to replicate Monaco, ive been searching most of the day but i cant seem to find Modern type Buildings and apartment blocks so i guessing these are going to have to be scratch built

#9 ·
A person is roughly 5.5 cm in 1/32 scale. Just use that as a rule when you scratch build and you will do just fine. It is pretty easy to scratch build using everything from balsa, plastic sheets or cardboards etc. As everyone have said before, just spend time reading through various threads for inspirations and ideas. Good luck! Per

#11 ·
It is truly amazing and a fantastic piece of work so I hesitate to comment other than by expressions of awe. However if I had anything like that Guy's talent and dedication I think I would have chosen to go Digital and have two lanes only. After all Monaco is characterised by its narrowness. Having said that if I were wearing a hat I certainly would take it off to him.

Now all we need is in-car cameras going to heads-up displays in order to see where we are on the circuit!!

David

#12 ·
Phew....

I'd seen that circuit under construction, but not since it has been completed!

What a cracking job they've done!

Looks a bit like old Scalextric rubber track from the 60's, does anyone know what it actually is?

As others have said, a video would be good.

If only I had that much space....

Good luck, f1slot, it gives you a few ideas of what can be done, given space, time, money and skill....

Cheers
Dave

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
For a more realistic/attainable Monaco layout done with plastic Scalextric track, check out downtowndeco's Little Monaco circuit on this forum (link).

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.