1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few update pictures:

PART ONE

The tower:

The decals are done completely, the "control" part has something to controle, and the vip room has a bar and some tables...

Global views:

Inside view:

An extra lap-top for more details:

Podium:

Press room:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
PART TWO: The pits

You allready know I love touring cars, especially european touring cars. So I want those ETCC cars as subject for my track. Tonight I built my own pit-cabins on the pitwall, each in the colors of the country the drivers race for. This may look easy, but it isn't that simple to do it propperly.

Overview:

Belgian team replacing rear spoiler:

View on the flag colored pit-cabins:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PART THREE:

I scratchbuilt a snack-thingie tonight.

Maybe I'll start building my grand-stand tomorrow...

I'll keep u guys updated.

Maybe you think I post lots of pictures, but I like watching your progress-pictures very much... so I think other people like that to... even if it's not that spectacular.

Good night guys!!!!

Gunther

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Looking gret tDi! love the computers and tables in the control tower especially!

But when are u gonna start painting all the people? Hurry up - it really needs it! (and its such a fun job to do!
)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ Astro: I' don't paint them... otherwise they CAN jump...

No serious... I only have 10 figures yet... and I want to have more figures before I start painting them... so if I have to switch colors and brushes every time while i'm painting...

G.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have a point there...

Maybe I'll try to paint them this week...
When I finished this...

I doubted between the 6 seats grand stand, or the 10 seats...

6:

10:

I viewed real life pictures of grand-stands on circuits and I thought the 10 seats would be more realistic. I will need more figures though...

(in the back you see an enlarged pic of me driving my VFR)

I'll keep you updated!!!

Greetz

Gunther

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found a shop in the neighbourhood where i can find SRA figures, and an other shop where i can buy quite accesories at reasonable prices...

I'm pretty curious for the revell figures too...

(at the moment the sides of the grand-stand are glued to the seats...)

G.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The grand stand is allmost finished:

The thing put together with the roof on: I made the roof with glass parts in, so the little fellaz aren't in the dark during races, and they are visible from above. You see a reflection of the glass in the second picture.

The back side: With another snack thingie in, and two doors for WC's. Details will follow later on.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Global view:

Snack thingie:

Racer hurrying to the toilet before the race starts:

and now I'm off with my motorcycle... the weather is to good to sit inside:

Greeeeeeeeeeetzoooof

Gunther

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Gunther,

You know, I thought my stuff was pretty neat, then I saw YOURS! Good grief man! I need counseling now.

The tower and stands are some of the best scenery items I've ever seen. Carrera has NOTHING on your stuff. The tower is an absolute work of art. The controls and computers look first rate!

Move into your new house quickly and get some scenery done. If this is any indication of what you can do, the track will be amazing!

Ganz Gut!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@ Dreinecke:

Thanks for the kind words!!! It's very nice to hear that!!! It gives me a boost to make others... and I really enjoy makeing these...

Watch this space, I have some nice buildings in my head, and if I ever get the time to make the thoughts real... you'll see it here!

About the house and the permanent track: Here you see two photo's of the house earlier this week. Today the guys fittet the electrical cables, but there is no electricity there yet... so I won't be able to move inthere till september... I can't wait to start on the permanent track then...

About the track: You see the garage, before anyone says something, I know it looks like a car-wash drive in... but at the end of my garden, there is a "cabin" (or garden house or so) where a old-timer and my VFR stand during the summer, so I have to be able to drive through my house... (I'm not the average car lover, i'm really addicted to cars...) Well... the track will come in the back of the garage, and will be made that it can be lifted against the garage ceiling... so there can stand another two cars in my garage after eachother when the track is lifted!

House piccies:

Did something said anything about scratchbuilding a track?

Greeetz

Gunther

·
Registered
22 Posts
Excellent work tDI! but off course you know I find it excellent

You guys, in real life, it looks even more impressive, I kid you not...

btw, very nice car in front of your house....

g-reetz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts