Anyone else coming?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Excellent news!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well that was a great night again at SCHORC, thought that the track was decent job, fast but trick at one section. Congrats to all of the nights winners. Welcome to James on his first of many visits to Yelling, hope you enjoyed yourself. Liked the F1 but rapidly going off
MOD
..... but that's cause my car is starting to sound like a bag of spanners

Video will follow. See you all on the 24th...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Was planning to be there last night guys but Henderson junior going to be making appearance today so missus been in hosp last couple days. Hope all went well.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
It was a very good night, pity that you missed it.

I hope all goes well with the expected baby and mother.

·
Registered
437 Posts
A fun evening as usual. Nice to see everyone. Enjoyed my F1, especially the final, but quite frankly should have just gone home then!

Nice to see another new face, hope you enjoyed it James.

Best of luck with the new arrival LeeH.

·
Registered
648 Posts
QUOTE (LeeH @ 11 Oct 2012, 10:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Was planning to be there last night guys but Henderson junior going to be making appearance today so missus been in hosp last couple days. Hope all went well.

Yeah I 'ECHO' (did you like what I done there) Tony's & Jim's comments. Hope all is well with the
little one and mum
, I am quite suprised you managed to squeeze this all in with the amount of miles you've been clocking up with HO meets

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
October Report

With the nights drawing in, the SCHORC 2012 F1 and Mod championships were set to enter their final quarter. Craig had a commanding lead in F1, and Al had narrowly retaken the lead in the Mod championship from Paul Homewood at the last round.

The Track

Round 10's track was a fast one. The slowest corner being a 135degree hairpin in the more technical first sector. The white lane was generally agreed to be a bit of a dog mainly due to being on the inside for the hairpin but the other three lanes were very well balanced and produced some fantastically close three way battles in the heats and finals of both classes.

F1

10 racers lined up on the F1 grid including Lee's guest James who was inducted in the somewhat raucous proceedings of the evening.

Qualifying

Craig's domination of F1 continued with his eighth pole position of the 2012 F1 season. Papa Homewood was hot on heels though just 1.4 laps back in second. A consistent and pacey drive from Roy secured the third place on the grid just a tenth of a lap ahead of Jim in fourth. Lee in fifth headed up a tight midfield with the next three places of Tony, Al and Nick separated by just 2.6 laps. Paul Rose's Tycos were all looking distinctly off colour leaving him in 9th ahead of James who had put in some very respectable fastest laps and wasn't far off in terms of consistency either.

C Final

Al in blue and Nick in the red lane ran neck and neck for the duration of the first half of the C final. An off for Nick let Al pull out a small lead and a couple of further offs as he pushed to catch up allowed Al to take the win. James did well in the unloved white lane to keep pace with Paul in yellow for the first minute before his constancy fell away and he dropped back leaving Paul to take third.

B Final

The B final kicked off with another close battle between the red and blue lanes this time with Lee in blue and Jim in red. Initially Tony wasn't far behind them in yellow but a few off left him trailing behind. Al started off slowly in the white lane quickly dropping back from the leaders but he passed Tony when he came off and nearly caught Jim and Lee after they both had an off at around the 1 minute mark. By the half way mark Lee and Jim were still running together battling for the lead and had pulled out a big gap back to Al and Tony who were scrapping for third. Lee must have breathed a sigh of relief at the two minute mark when a big off for Jim gave him a bit of breathing space. Jim really put the hammer down though and not realising how close behind he was, Lee allowed him to catch right back up and get within a few inches of the win in the dying seconds! After third place changed hands a few times it was Al who was just ahead on track as Tony's car had carried straight on at turn 1 as the power was cut.

Two close finishes!

A Final

The A final was perhaps a touch less dramatic than the two that had gone before it but it was certainly a fine example of gap and mind management. Early on Craig in blue managed to edge out a narrow lead from Paul in red who in turn had pulled a small gap to Roy in yellow and Lee in white. These positions remained for the duration of the final. Craig continued to pound around as fast as he needed to maintaining a gap of a couple of seconds on Paul. Whenever Paul upped his paced and narrowed the gap Craig calmly responded dropped his lap times slightly and edged away again to take his sixth F1 win of the season.

So Craig took the clean sweep with the win, fastest lap, pole position and highest lap count. #F1domination

Mod

With F1 done for another month, Yelling was then treated to glorious sound of the bag of spanners symphony from a grid full of Marchon mods.

Qualifying

Craig took his second pole position of the evening and his second mod pole of the season by 4.8 laps from Paul Rose. Al was just over half a lap further back qualifying third. Nick continued his recent good form in mod taking the fourth spot on the gird from Tony, Lee and Paul Homewood. Paul suffered in his heat on the yellow lane after hitting Roy's car and sustaining some damage. Roy took the eighth spot ahead of Jim who had suffered mechanical issues with the infamous "Cristine" in his blue heat. James was tenth but again he had some good laps time and scores showing much potential for his first time racing HO particular in the fiercely competitive SCHORC field.

C Final

James in white jumped the start of the C final and was then followed by Jim in yellow which cost them both a lap. Paul went absolutely storming off in the blue lane and took a crushing victory of 7 laps from Roy who came home second in the red lane. If James hadn't jumped the start he would have narrowly beaten Roy but as it was he was 0.8 laps back in third and Jim retired while running in second place following more car troubles.

B Final

A double hop up looked distinctly possible after another great start from Paul in the hop up white lane which saw him hold the lead of the B final for the first minute. Tony in yellow and Nick in Red weren't far behind him though. Paul's hopes of a double hop up were ended by a massive off which caused him drop right back to fourth position. Pushing hard to make the time back up Paul had a few more offs before deciding to retire. Lee retired next from third position after claiming he was starting to go off mod. This left only Tony and Nick who were engaged in tense battle for the lead. In the end Nick took the win by just two tenths of a lap from a disappointed Tony.

A Final

The A final promised much as each of the automatic qualifiers had been able to pick the lane they set their highest qualifying score in.

For the first 45 seconds there was virtually nothing between Craig in blue, Paul in yellow and Al in red. Craig was the first to come off and dropped back to third. Nick didn't seem to enjoy the tricky white lane and retired just over half way through the race. Paul and Al continued to be separated by nothing more than a hair's breadth well into the last minute before and Paul lost it and left Al with a narrow lead he was able to hold onto for the duration of the race to take his fifth win of the Mod season and the highest lap count of the night.

Thanks to all who attended another fast and frantic night of SCHORC racing.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Great report as alway Alan. Could not believe some of those graphs, there were some incrediably close racing for long stages of many of the heats and finals. As I said yesterday evening when I pipped Jim in the F1 'B' final I thought that I was a lap up - much to my horror when I had realised that another couple of secs I would have lost that. LOL. I was driving like Miss Daisy when he had that off.

Oh yeah, and I still think MOD sucks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Great report as ever. I think this was possibly the most entertaining evening of racing since I joining SCHORC with some really well contested heats and finals.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Thanks again Al for your great report and stats.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts