SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Guys.
The official statement on Scorpius Wireless controller power consumption.

Actual measured power consumption 2.75 mA

1)AAA Carbon battery typically 540 mAh 200 hours. If used 1 hour a day 200 days or 6 months

2)AAA Alkaline battery tyoically 750 mAh 275 hours. If used 1 hour a day 270 days or 9 months.

3)AAA Lithium battery not recommended. For some reason the screen plays up.

As we are always conservative I will still go with 3 months average battery using "average" life for the average user based on 1 hour a day.

Rick

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Not bad at all Rick :)

Just to be sure: the use of rechargeable AAA batteries is not recommended i suppose? These NiMH (Nickel-Metal) batteries do 1.2 V instead of 1.5 V per battery.
Or is that what you meant with Lithium batteries?
1.2 V works fine in many devices, but certainly not in all. I reckon the controller needs 1.5 V. Check?

Merc

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question.
Yes rechargeable batteries are a joke, why did they make them 1.2V for gods sake? Unbelievable.

Thats why I wont be bothering to ever make provision for this.

Lithium is another story. If we could use them you could get a year out of them.
Controller needs 2.65V minimum to operate. AAAs start out at 1.55 to 1.6V. As soon as the LCD screen digits fade

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys,

Ok, Lithium batteries ok after checking with John. The pixels in the background show up a bit more and I was concerned, but the Lithium batteries actually measure 1.75V fresh, but dull off to 1.6 pretty quickly. So go for it.

Also have finished trialling some cheap batteries, and I got around 5-6 weeks out of them. However recommend atr least a "heavy duty' battery.

Rick

·
Registered
636 Posts
Rick,

you may want to take power consumption in stand-by-mode into account for even more accurate figures.

Regards,
Diegu

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...I have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts