SlotForum banner
141 - 160 of 189 Posts

·
Prof I T
11,174 Posts
me thinks people are getting there underwear in a tangle over mosfets and diodes
biggrin.png
, but please carry on because it's hilarious
lmfao.gif
lmfao.gif

·
novice jazz player &
6,479 Posts
:blink:
So you ONLY just found out today and you've had the chips for months PMSL ..as you say an adequate lack of research. Too funny.
Meanwhile a couple of brands still use 3A :)

Rick
LOL - no - months ago actually ;)

But why speculate on when I did my market research?

I even have a draw of spare parts delivered a good fee months ago from their country of origin.

Now back to the Scorpius 5A claim...

C

·
novice jazz player &
6,479 Posts
Yep Ade it is indeed good all-round entertainment... all sparked by some somewhat exaggerated claims. But those claims aside, I do agree with Slotspeed and others... the Scorpius decoder when it hits the shelves should be the most advanced decoder in market. And on that basis I wish Scorpius all good fortune with their new product. :thumbsup:

C

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
LOL - no - months ago actually ;)

But why speculate on when I did my market research?

I even have a draw full of spare parts delivered last year from their country of origin.

Now back to the Scorpius 5A claim...

C
No because everyone including you know if you had of known you would have mentioned it days ago.
Very transparent to all reading.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Ade,

Maybe I just assumed you would know that the series protection diode is the limiting factor since it is the series path to both the decoder circuitry and also to motor via the throttle FET. I have only looked at Carrera style decoder circuits but I know some decoders are fitted with a bridge rectifier since I think SSD uses AC.

Not sure what is so hilarious but to be honest I don't really care.

We are all trying to push the hobby further. Sometimes in different directions but lets all enjoy it hey?

Regards,

Steve.

·
novice jazz player &
6,479 Posts
I am happy to participate in technical debate but the previous post from injectorman doesnt add much to the technical debate... its more to do with debating strategy :)

C

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Yep Ade it is indeed good all-round entertainment... all sparked by some somewhat exaggerated claims. But those claims aside, I do agree with Slotspeed and others... the Scorpius decoder when it hits the shelves should be the most advanced decoder in market. And on that basis I wish Scorpius all good fortune with their new product. :thumbsup:

C
See Doc that's all you have. One error that even you yourself only found out where hours ago. Are you any better? Tell us all.

The point is you have no life to troll so badly over such a minor issue..... 6 posts over two days.

So again with 3A, 5A, 8.5A or 25A mosfets it will be the best of it's type.

Like it or lump it we will be using 5A which gives the best bang for the space it takes.

Rick

·
novice jazz player &
6,479 Posts
Maybe now is a bad time to mention technical barriers to compatibility with SCX-A and oXigen? ... we can leave that for another time...

C

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Maybe I just assumed you would know that the series protection diode is the limiting factor since it is the series path to both the decoder circuitry and also to motor via the throttle FET. I have only looked at Carrera style decoder circuits but I know some decoders are fitted with a bridge rectifier since I think SSD uses AC.

Not sure what is so hilarious but to be honest I don't really care.

We are all trying to push the hobby further. Sometimes in different directions but lets all enjoy it hey?

Regards,
Steve.
Its hillarious for some i can assure you.

For sure that's what I like. To push to bring any technology new or not so new to the hobbyist.

And yes diodes have been upgraded recently with a few other exciting changes. I'll make a new list soon.

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Rick,

That was Drifter2's project, and yes, very cool!
Sorry Drifter2, I realised this in the car later.
Slotspeed, Drifter2 and Scorpius all Aussies I believe?
And all doing the walk, not the talk.
Go Aussie!

Reactions: Dr_C

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Hi Injectorman,

A very nice list of features that I would like to see in other chips.

I would just argue the following features:

3. Compatibility with other systems: if the chip, by itself cannot be fully integrated into the other systems, without the need of the Scorpius controller, I don't call that compatible but "can work with if the Scorpius controller is use with"

4. If the chip is compatible with analog, I want to use my high performance analog controller, otherwise no point here to be compatible with analog. One way could be to implement a switch that bypass the electronic.

Otherwise all other features are nice, the ones I like the most are: 13, 16, 19, 22, 23 and 25. About the app, will you have an app for both iOS and Android?

Beside, an important note for me: for an European point of view, a drawback is that you don't have direct sales from Europe:

- Currency fluctuation is gamble

- Import custom tax is very high

- Shipping cost is high

- Shipment can be very long

Additionally if I receive a faulty device or have an issue later on, how will it works? Who pay for the return in Australia? And then, it will takes forever to have in return a replacement device or the repaired one.

To give you an idea, with many slot car vendors in Europe, I can get free shipping with 100 Euro of purchase, receiving the parts the next day or few days later if the vendor is not in my country.

Hopefully, you can work on that point as well.

I have one of your controller that I use with my Scalextric track, it work flawlessly and I appreciate your participation in the forum. Hopefully, you can keep going-on and work on the above points.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Yup and you knew that. :)
Logic tells us though :)

·
novice jazz player &
6,479 Posts
So the technical debate around who was first to put 5A MOSFETs into production was in the end conceded by Team Scorpius, and they quickly bounced back with a logic analysis that says someone somewhere forgot something. I would recommend holding to the core thread of the technical debate - that is of greater interest to our community.

C

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Injectorman,

A very nice list of features that I would like to see in other chips.

I would just argue the following features:

3. Compatibility with other systems: if the chip, by itself cannot be fully integrated into the other systems, without the need of the Scorpius controller, I don't call that compatible but "can work with if the Scorpius controller is use with"
4. If the chip is compatible with analog, I want to use my high performance analog controller, otherwise no point here to be compatible with analog. One way could be to implement a switch that bypass the electronic.

Otherwise all other features are nice, the ones I like the most are: 13, 16, 19, 22, 23 and 25. About the app, will you have an app for both iOS and Android?

Beside, an important note for me: for an European point of view, a drawback is that you don't have direct sales from Europe:
- Currency fluctuation is gamble
- Import custom tax is very high
- Shipping cost is high
- Shipment can be very long
Additionally if I receive a faulty device or have an issue later on, how will it works? Who pay for the return in Australia? And then, it will takes forever to have in return a replacement device or the repaired one.
To give you an idea, with many slot car vendors in Europe, I can get free shipping with 100 Euro of purchase, receiving the parts the next day or few days later if the vendor is not in my country.
Hopefully, you can work on that point as well.

I have one of your controller that I use with my Scalextric track, it work flawlessly and I appreciate your participation in the forum. Hopefully, you can keep going-on and work on the above points.
Hi glad you like our products.

3. As I said there's compatibility with controllers, lane changers and lap counter too.
The point you must remember is the advantage of only having to purchase 1 multiprotocol chip. This one. And you you need the Scorpius controller. The chip however is still compatible in my opinion to all the tracks mentioned.
If you look back I define it as Track compatible. Not controller compatible.
4. If you want analogue analogue not digital wireless analogue simply use the JST plug arrangement to remove the chip.

When you add a distribution network you can add 40% so you can't win either way. A lot of businesses ship out of one world location and as you know the hobby shop is dying.
Import tax is very high. This is a common misconception. You pay 20% regardless if a local shop adds it or customs adds it when it enters Eurozone.
Shipping is 3-8 days depending on how muc h you want to pay.
Someone in Denmark ordering from Spain will still take 3 days.
Just how it is. I prefer to distribute that way I have complete knowledge of every customers needs and concerns.

In any case we do have a distributor lined up but guess what, he's in the UK, no longer in the Eurozone either. But I'm waiting to upgrade car decoder, Lane Brain and Controller before doing a big production run, in which case I can implement more distributors, but be prepared to pay 40% more for the benefits or concerns you raised.

Rick

·
novice jazz player &
6,479 Posts
Next up (from me) will be a discussion of Enhanced Shockburst (ESB) compatibility modes... this relates to above Scorpius claim 3.

However I suggest we leave this for a few days...

C

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
So the technical debate around who was first to put 5A MOSFETs into production was in the end conceded by Team Scorpius, and they quickly bounced back with a logic analysis that says someone somewhere forgot something. I would recommend holding to the core thread of the technical debate - that is of greater interest to our community.

C
Wow you seriously have sociopathic issues. You need help.

141 - 160 of 189 Posts