SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rick asked me to knock up a report on how it all went and here it is.
I am lucky enough to have both systems and have ssd set up in my shed/Mancave! as yet i have not converted all to scorpius but i have the bits to do so .Much to my glee Andy and Rick have collaberated and now we are able to use Scorpius throttles with ssd chipped cars, both normal and in car pro version chip along with ssdc software. Setting up of the controllers
is very simple and consits of two steps (1) change id to 1and pin number to 0001 for throttle 1, for second throttle id would also be 1 and pin number would be 0002. id is the channel , and pin is the throttle id relating to the car id and lane id.
Changing the above is simple using the Scorpius throttle config application available from hereScorpius downloads
Once thats done you need to change settings in SSDC under options select other and change the scorpius settings to the com
that Scorpius is using on your pc and the channel to 1. Once that is done ssdc will be able to commnicate with scorpius throttles.
I have assumed in the above that you have setup your Scorpius dongle which is required If you haven't then download and install from hereScorpius downloads

In my opinion i have found the setup of the scoprius throttles to be slightly easier over the bluetooth option but both are fairly easy Obviously the Scorpius Throttle is of a way better quality than the Scaley one you would use with the bluetooth option so no comparison there Scorpius wins hands down on that front. As i havent upgrade any of my ssd chips to incar pro
i am unable to test those features availbale on the upgrade chips Two main things are use of an excellent controller with adjustments and without doubt the ease of freedom to move around.
With he option now of not having to change your whole system over to Scorpius it would be worth taking another look at the Scorpius throttle for your ssd setup.

cheers
Glen

·
Registered
76 Posts
Can somebody please explain how to set this up step by step for complete dummies... me.

I know there are steps above but they dont explain the settings you are confronted with in SSDC and which values to input into each one.

Example

1) Throttle Port? Is this the dongle port?

2) Locator Port? Is this the dongle port?

3) Channel?

4) Lap Tower Port? I have the Scalextric 6 car power base with pit lane pro working with SSDC at the moment. Does this have something to do with that. These are using two ports at the moment, three if you include the Scorpious dongle.

See photo below. I need to know which values to put in these boxes.

Some detailed instructions would be nice.

P.S can I still use the standard Scalextric controllers at the same time as using the Scorpious Wireless controller. Please explain how.

Thank you very much,

Glenn

IMG_3539.JPG?psid=1&width=640&height=480

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thank Rick. I read that.

It doesn't say where to put the PIN number in. Is there a link for the Scorpious documention?

Each throttle is then differentiated by the PIN, which is configured using the throttle controls. Please refer to the Scorpius documentation for details of how to do this. The PIN should be set as 0001 for Car ID #1, 0002 for Car ID #2 and so on.

Thanks again

·
Registered
76 Posts
I read it. Where is the software that it shows. It's not SSDC. It's called the scorpious controller setup program?

That is the only place I can see where to enter pin and ID values. Unless it's not done on the pc but on the throttle itself?

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Glen,

On the Scorpius controller: Note only one O in Scorpius
smile.png

Hold menu button down for 2 seconds. Menu is activated.

Use scroll knob to scroll to "PIN1234" page.

Click LC Button. This puts the first two digits of xxxx into adjust mode.

Use Scroll knob to scroll between 00xx and 99xx. Press LC button to lock this value in.

Press LC button. This puts the 3rd and 4th digits into adjust mode.

Use scroll knob to scroll between xx00 and xx99. Press LC button to lock this value in.

Press Menu button to escape and return to operating mode.

I think from memory the controller is set to ID 24. And the PIN from 0001 to 0006? These represent the equivalent SSD IDs of 1-6.

I cant be 100% sure.

Rick

·
Prof I T
11,196 Posts
Hi

once you install the dongle driver plug the dongle in and then have a look in device manager to check the device is running correctly, the dongle auto assigns itself a com port, make a mental note of this..

I always preferred to use the Scorpius throttle set up tool for setting Id and pin, So you need every Scorpius throttle set to id #1 and then use pin # 1-6 to assign the id in ssdc.

Power up ssdc and your pb, the pb does not auto assign itself a com port you have to do it manually in the drop down menu at the top of the screen, remember the number Scorpius dongle assigned itself and just click on a differnt number..

With ssdc running go to tools options preferences and check the Scorpius throttle port ,it should have a number already assigned don't touch it, ignore the locator pro box, also ignore the display pro box or is it lap display ? box..

Go back to the Main screen and open the throttle tab and turn on your Scorpius throttle ,you should then see a green light next to the id# you have chosen and on pulling the trigger see the rev counter sweep round the screen

You can mix and match Scorpius and stock wired throttles no problem. .
thumbsup.gif

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Glen,

On the Scorpius controller: Note only one O in Scorpius
smile.png

Hold menu button down for 2 seconds. Menu is activated.
Use scroll knob to scroll to "PIN1234" page.
Click LC Button. This puts the first two digits of xxxx into adjust mode.
Use Scroll knob to scroll between 00xx and 99xx. Press LC button to lock this value in.
Press LC button. This puts the 3rd and 4th digits into adjust mode.
Use scroll knob to scroll between xx00 and xx99. Press LC button to lock this value in.
Press Menu button to escape and return to operating mode.

I think from memory the controller is set to ID 1. And the PIN from 0001 to 0006? These represent the equivalent SSD IDs of 1-6.
I cant be 100% sure.

Rick

·
Registered
76 Posts
I do appreciate the help. But you are not saying things like. Do I need to unplug the scalextric throttle wire out from the powerbase.
How do I program the car with the Scorpius controller. Do I need to place the car on the track. It says in the scorpius manual to remove car then replace on track. What do I do next? Push the Li button to save, or maybe the menu button? I have just noticed that when I do this the green light on the PB ID 1 lights up and stays lit. But the car wont go. If I plug the scalextric throttle back in the green light goes out and I can use the scalextric throttle. I know the com port is working. I have the PB com port 3, pit lane com port 4 and the throttle port com port 5.

So I.D 1 and pin 1 right? Just to try and get one car going on I.D one? I've done everything you guys have said but nothing?

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Welcome to C7042/SSDC/Scorpius combination. Still the best combination for SSD users.
RCS64 race software also compatible.

Upgrade your car chips to ICP for an even better experience.
Enjoy.

Rick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts