SlotForum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi all,

Completely new to the hobby but looking into a good track to build or buy. How does one go about creating a routes track with Scorpius? Do I need to custom build the lane changing flippers, etc? Any track plans or tutorials you guys can direct me to?

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Minime.
Thanks for your interest in a routed Scorpius track. The process is identical to an analogue routed track with the addition of lane changers.

I sell flipper assemblies for routed tracks.
With design simply post it up here for forum comment. Theres also the Scorpius Test Track thread where you can get some pointers as well as numerous analogue non Scorpius track builds under the tracks section.
Do you have any experience routing and what size track/how many lanes?

Rick

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks Rick!

I have never routed a track before but I am happy to learn. I do not have much space for a track inside maybe 400 x 200 if I can make it fold down if not it would have to go under a patio with some sort of extra protection. The plan is to have the track at a family restaurant and rent out time on it when the people are done eating but still at the restaurant. Slot seems to be popular here in Barcelona so thought it would be a fun thing to do.

What is the range in cost for putting together a good track? Are BLST tracks harder to make?

Thanks 🙏

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
400x200cm is not a bad size.
Fold down inside is good. If it gets wet even once it will swell the MDF.
Luckily MDF is cheap so dont be worried to do a section twice.
You could even have it cnc machined if your that way inclined.
A friend of mine Drummer off this forum, had a great track about 380x120cm. I remember it well. It had 7 corners and one bridge. Every corner was unique in design and you had to learn all 7 corners. We had so much fun on that track.
It had 77.5 mm centres (Scaley) for a 400x200cm track I think 85mm lane spacings is fine if routing.
Maybe a small pit lane?
Are you using braid or copper tape for your track?
Is it purely digital use?

Rick

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great questions! My best answer would be that your questions make me realize I have a lot of learning ahead...Braid looks good for the track but not sure of the benefits or disadvantages between the two options. A hybrid digital/analog sounds great or a blst track with the ability to run individual lanes in analog mode ( think I saw something about a track like that). The main objective would be a track that can be easily used by the masses but still fun for experienced drivers. Not sure about lane spacing (something else to look into).

Thank you

·
Registered
68 Posts
Rick,

Think I am going to modify an old Scalextric track my wife had as a kid to get started. Is Scorpious compatible with classic Scalextric? Would I need to go another direction to update the track for future Scorpious use or still need the same Pro Arc base? The idea would be to try the old track with some mods then be able to carry over some mods such as The Scorpious equipment if I end up making a routed track in the future.

Thanks for the help!

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Of course we especially made the Lane Brain ultra thin to fit in the recess under a Scalextric track piece.
You will need to buy some second hand Scalextric XLC double lane changers and gut them. Then fit Scorpius Lane Brain to each lane changer and one for lapcounting.

If using Classic you will need Sport to Classic adapters.
Heres a Ninco lane changer. The install method is almost identical for Scalextric and this one has anti collision.
We have a fitting service also.

Rick

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.