SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
QUOTE (injectorman @ 2 Feb 2008, 21:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Guys
REVERSE BLST?
Firstly Ill briefly describe how BLST works. All cars automatically drive in the best line. The overtaking car is diverted to the outside lane (non best line lane) so as to allow overtaking. Lovely concept.

My idea is to let the overtaking car keep the best line and the slower car made to pull into the non preferred lane.
Ive called it for now "Priority mode", where the faster car gets priority.
Anyone see any positives or negatives either way? I need advice from the panel of expert readers please.
Is this something that interests people or should it be canned? I look foward to various opinions
Cheers
Rick

P.S. Anyone wondering what posts #157 and #158 are about lets just say we had to bring in the pest control company. LOL. Thanks Rob!

Yeah, Rob did a good job, seems there was sort of an unnecessary question - ask RichG -and some explicit answers.

I'm a newby to this forum, but I'm not a newby to analog or digital slotracing, so here is my statement:

My NDigital layout is setup as such we have to change lanes to get the racing line. Nevertheless, slower drivers are able to block faster ones on the "2nd best" racing line.

So, I really love your idea about priority modes, as we really face the problem of overtaking!
I cannot see a problem with your approach, I just see the benefits.
A similiar approach has been taken on "slotfire.de", but they went for a high-end-approach which is really expensive.

As I'm from Germany I would really like to see your product distributed here.
I feel that I could make up a contact to distributor well-known here, as soon as you have a product that can be marketed.

Best regards,
Diegu

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hi Rick,

cool website! Fun to read! And a new company!!

In FAQ: Would you mind changing the following to the new enhanced capacity?

Q: How many cars can Scorpius race simultaneously?
A: Up to 16 cars may be raced simultaneously.

regards,
Diegu

·
Registered
636 Posts
Rick,

put me on the list and keep on going!

Your system and your efforts are outstanding, if not unbelievable!!

Regards,
Diegu

·
Registered
636 Posts
Rick,

put me on the list and keep on going!

Your system and your efforts are outstanding, if not unbelievable!!

I'll have to get rid of lots of Ninco decoders and throttles and reinvest in Scorpius ones, but I'm sure it's worth it!

Regards,
Diegu

·
Registered
636 Posts
ZITAT(injectorman @ 27 Dec 2008, 01:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok here is the finished product, casing cut properly, knobs installed etc.
Hope you like it.
[...]

Many other functions to follow including times, fuel, penalties, traction control settings, light settings and more..

Test results on controller come up trumps with only a few minor firmware glitches.
1% increment adjustable brakes are the ants pants.
320 step resolution from hall sensor gives incredibly smooth control.
The more I read about your project, the more I love it! And now you present us this controller: high-end in any sense and just two knobs and two buttons to do the settings. I definitely think that's the way to go!

How do you navigate through the menu? Just using the buttons and the knobs?
How will the times, fuel and penalties function work?

Sorry, but I'm so curious.

Horrido,
Diegu

·
Registered
636 Posts
ZITAT(injectorman @ 27 Dec 2008, 09:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Best lap time, fuel and tyre alert and penalties will all be similar, ie a vibrating alert with accompanying message on screen, eg best time, pit fuel, pit tyres, penalty stop/go etc.

To activate menu press LC and brake button simultaneously for 2 seconds. Menu appears. Use brake pot to scroll to whatever function you require. Pressing LC button allows you to adjust parameters using brake trim pot. Use LC button to lock in whatever parameter you set. Use brake button to escape. You can do a lot with 2 buttons, a screen and a trim pot =)

Should be a blast! Vibration and then a short glance to the display, to know what's up, and menu browsing with the brake pot.
Sounds like a cool user interface!

Can't wait :)

I have just seen, that the web-site is evolving, too! Great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts