·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #561 ·
Analogue and Scorpius Hybrid

This is how Ill be setting up my routed track, hope you like it

Analogue mode

Typical analogue console, $45 from Armchair racer

Add a Scorpius chip to a plug, would be a 10 or more amp version.

Plug it in

Add the cover to pretty it up. Of course it still accepts your analogue wired controller plugged in as normal

Digital Mode
There would be simply a bypass switch which puts power directly to rails. Flick the switch you have digital mode
Thats it, lets keep it simple.

How to keep flippers in place
A wireless signal is sent from PC to each Lane Brain to give correct polarity to flipper to ensure continuous power. The keep SSD flippers in place the PC can tell each LB to pulse each flipper every ten seconds or whatever to ensure flipper is in contact with rail to avoid damage to guides. The Ninco type sprung flipper LC would of course be better suited here.

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Guys,
Looking at options on how to get Scorpius to market. One idea put to me was shareholders, which is too messy, time consuming and expensive. Another idea put to me was a buying group where members money is pooled to get a cheaper price at cost. So how to implement this idea........?

CLUB SCORPIUS
Simply buying a membership gives the project cash flow to finish the project. The last component the Lane Brain is 50% complete. The other 3 components are 100% complete and ready for manufacture tomorrow. Those 3 components have been beta tested by real slot car racers and have results are favourable. The more members the greater the order the cheaper the price. 100 members would be ideal and would be open to any slot forum member anywhere in the world or any club enthusiast. Savings would be initially 50% but after costs would roughly equate to a 40% saving. Hows a $40 Scorpius car chip for $24 sound? A Lane brain for around $30 not $50?, throttle chips $36 not $59, dongle for $60 not $100. How much is membership?, I estimate around $200AUD would be affordable and beneficial, would be for a limited time span, and would last say 3 years, after that a yearly subscription is possible. Basically the $200 goes towards development costs, if there is a shortfall I wear it, if there is an excess that will be a profit. If this is achieved then it will be a win/win situation for all concerned. The prices are approximate of course at this stage and will vary depending on numbers, example 100 car chips would cost around $33 each to make but in a batch of 1000 around $20, a massive difference. Parts would arrive around 6 weeks after payment to manufacturer. The parts can be robot tested too. Of course a final specification and terms and conditions would be defined and a website would have to be set up to handle all the orders to make it all above board and legal, FAQ, specs, pictures. Ownership would always remain with Australian Slotcar Technologies. Im thinking its best to go 100% Scorpius and to forget the Ninco and SSD compatibility for now until I talk to them, I mean we dont want any problems. Also with LBs so reasonably priced for the extra functions and wireless installation, why bother? The LB would still run the big 4s LCs so you can use your existing track =)
The membership is burnt into your dongle and encrypted. The special member number is used to place orders.

Definition of costs: all development costs, engineers fees, prototype costs, transport, fuel, accomodation, air fares, phone calls, parts, postage, development royalties (3% of the manufacturing cost), website costs, bank fees, paypal fees, bookeeping, data base, legal costs, graphic design costs, packaging, wrapping, addressing, sending, queries, troubleshooting, warranty claims, advertising costs. The order processing, packaging, answering queries etc would be around 7% of the component manufacturing cost. Postage, insurance and any government tax is applicable as like any retail internet sale and cant be avoided. Price of development depends on exact specification. Costs could be kept down by ommitting some fancier options. A hall effect sensor could be developed for the Parma economy, not a pretty controller but a Scorpius hall effect board and battery pack fit in in minutes=). We will forget the screen for now=)

Once again im open to suggestions and if all this sounds stupid let me be the first to apologise. This is a new marketing technique taking off in all sorts of retail areas online. I have already PMed a few interested enthusiast and 9/10 said they were in, so Im confident now to announce in main forum. Its really up to you guys.....

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #565 ·
Hi buts,
Congrats 13 minutes and bingo you are the first member! After my son Shannon that is =)
Whooa we better slow down, we need another 99.
Actually theres around ten or 15 others confirmed in a quick mail around last night and I know theres lots in Spain, Belgium, Australia and US forums too. Lets see how it progresses.....

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #569 ·
Hi Mel,
Thats around 15, I expect quite a few off the Spanish, French, and lesser degree US forums.
Early days yet....but very encouraging.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Rick, Just want to confirm something from what you said above. Are you saying that the $200 fee will cover ALL of the first 3 years or $200 a year for 3 years ($600 total). Also, after those 3 years, will there be a yearly fee to keep the system alive? (ie: the Scorpius system/dongle will de-activate if the yearly membership expires?)

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #571 ·
I think $200 for 3 years is fair and gives people enough time to buy the majority of what they need.
No the dongle wont deactivate or explode even =), it simply has an ID. Example if your friends wanted to buy car chips through your ID they could, but if they wanted their own system they would have to be a member OR pay full price. Even now you dont have to be a member to buy a chip or two.
Rick

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Rick, count me in. I fully support your Scorpius concept, and i'd be happy to convert my analogue system to it :)

Though i have some questions.
The money is no issue, but what i'm wondering about: Is it a sort of payment in advance, to start things up on your side?
One time 200 AUD per member, for a duration of 3 years?
200 AUD would make in Euros... err... google google... about € 115. That's fine with me.

But what i want to know: is it to be seen as a payment in advance for my orders to come? So i can pre-order the needed components for the max of that sum?
Or is it just a sum to be payed, literally a membership fee - which you use to develop, test, manufacture etc. the goods - and in return for that, you ask a lower/member's price for the components i'd like to order later on?

I'd like to know, for i guess i'd be spending at least 3, 4 times that amount of money when i'd Scorpius my system.

Greetings

Merc

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #573 ·
QUOTE (Merc_A @ 6 Sep 2008, 01:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rick, count me in. I fully support your Scorpius concept, and i'd be happy to convert my analogue system to it :)

Or is it just a sum to be payed, literally a membership fee - which you use to develop, test, manufacture etc. the goods - and in return for that, you ask a lower/member's price for the components i'd like to order later on?

Correct=)
By the way we have 16, 17, 18 19 potential members and climbing.....

·
Registered
308 Posts
QUOTE (injectorman @ 5 Sep 2008, 08:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi buts,
Congrats 13 minutes and bingo you are the first member! After my son Shannon that is =)
Whooa we better slow down, we need another 99.
Actually theres around ten or 15 others confirmed in a quick mail around last night and I know theres lots in Spain, Belgium, Australia and US forums too. Lets see how it progresses.....

Rick

I'm of course part of the Belgian ones ;-)

DDA

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Eve,
Its just an alternative way of buying Scorpius=)
You can pay full retail with no membership. Or you can get substantial discounts with the membership. Its just an option and totally up to you. Spending $200 to save $200 is not an encentive obviously, but if you were spending $200 to save $400 or $800 you would think it cheap. Plus members would get priority over non members if stock gets low. This is just an idea Im running past everyone, if the numbers dont add up for scale of quantities I will can the idea.

Rick

·
Registered
423 Posts
Rick,

I'm in as well. PM already sent. Any idea as to the timeline for all of this to fall into place and production to begin?

Cheers,

Todd

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #580 ·
QUOTE (tossedman @ 7 Sep 2008, 11:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rick,

I'm in as well. PM already sent. Any idea as to the timeline for all of this to fall into place and production to begin?

Cheers,

Todd
Hi Todd,
Its really depends on the numbers for now. I really want to release it as a total system rather than just throttles and car chips, all though that could be an alternative to get things rolling........
In a couple of weeks I should have at least a rough idea.

Rick

561 - 580 of 1170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.