SlotForum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1170 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
QUOTE (polopo @ 27 Feb 2009, 10:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm getting ready also, I've ordered a programmable power supply that I'll be able to set at 13.8 volts max

Speaking of power supplies... I seem to remember reading somewhere that someone converted a PC power supply for use with slots, but I can't find the website/post. Has anyone else come across this?

edit: nevermind, I found it. Wouldn't be powerful enough. http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/powersupply.htm

·
Registered
23 Posts
I spent time looking for a variable regulated power supply in the range 0-20 volts, 10A. I want to be able to fix a maximum voltage (okay LBs support more than the listed 13.8 volts but little kids love to turn/push buttons when you are looking elsewhere). I want also to set up the power supply once, and not to enter parameters each time I power it up.

I tried products sold under the Voltcraft brand (or Velleman, seems to be the same stuff just rebranded) but they lose all their settings when powered off (when they work: never saw such a poor quality power supply before ,I returned two products and gave up with Conrad). Finally I ordered this : http://www.bkprecision.com/products/catego...els/?model=1696 . A bit expensive but I have other usages for it than just slot racing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Now what ? I'm ready to jump in the digital world. What would be the best sytem ? From what I understand scorpius has test their product using ninco or scalextric track. Scorpius will provide a system with chips, controller, software that will enable 1:24 and 1:32 cars to run digital on scalextric or ninco.

Do I invest in Ninco, Scalextric, Carrera or SCX D ? (What is the best if I want to upgrade to scorpius ?)

·
Registered
881 Posts
QUOTE (pierre @ 27 Feb 2009, 11:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now what ? I'm ready to jump in the digital world. What would be the best sytem ? From what I understand scorpius has test their product using ninco or scalextric track. Scorpius will provide a system with chips, controller, software that will enable 1:24 and 1:32 cars to run digital on scalextric or ninco.

Do I invest in Ninco, Scalextric, Carrera or SCX D ? (What is the best if I want to upgrade to scorpius ?)

Wood

·
Registered
881 Posts
QUOTE (pierre @ 27 Feb 2009, 12:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That sounds interesting. I like building and I have the skills and the tools. Where do I get the hardware for the digital system ?
All the electronics and lane change guides would be Scorpius and all you'd need is solenoids to power the lane changers. (somewhere in this huge thread, the suggested type of solenoid is mentioned)

edit: and you'd also need to buy a power supply, wiring, copper tape/braid, etc...

·
Registered
23 Posts
QUOTE (SaratogaKurt @ 27 Feb 2009, 21:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I could be wrong but I think the copper tape is to liven the flipper.
Rick, when we'll all get the stuff, we'll spend time modifying all the flippers. Do you have detailed pictures showing how to place the copper tape? Could these modifications be done while keeping n-digital until Scorpius arrival?

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,100 ·
Polopo,
Simply take the wire from LB that livens flipper and use copper tape to fix wire to any part of the flipper, then use copper tape tp tape the entire flipper. You can "metalise" any plastic part too using gold plating, not expensive, not sure how long the gold would last for as its soft, the lower the carat the better.
Now the plastic bit next to the flipper can be livened in the same fashion using copper tape.

1081 - 1100 of 1170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.