SlotForum banner
1141 - 1160 of 1170 Posts

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
QUOTE (injectorman @ 13 Feb 2009, 09:43)
262.jpg

The Oz magician attraction I guess !

Yup,

DDA
Memories
Girl on right wondering why her controller has cables and looks on in envy of the the other girls wireless controllers. Too funny.

Reactions: shorty54

·
Registered
229 Posts
snip

Rick,

Many great advancements
clap.gif
, which seem to close the gap between analogue and digital forms of racing and the need for two separate systems (please correct me if I have misunderstood).

Couple of questions:

What is the voltage drop across the chip? (0 would be nice)
smile.gif

Would multi-lane racing (e.g. 4 be possible)?

Best of luck in this project.
thumbsup.gif

Scorpius
thumbsup.gif

Regards
Pino

Hi Pino,
I think there will always be a voltage drop, I guess we just tweak up the PSU to compensate.
Any amount of lanes and cars is possible, although I think 3 is a nice number of lanes for digital.......
Im glad every one thinks the name is ok, the logo could read "Scorpius.......digital slot system with sting!"
Its actually a constellation of stars.
I hope to have 3 cars up and running within a few weeks, ill know more then.

Cheers
Rick
Ricke
OK I have been reading and seeing loads of information about Scorpius on FaceBook, Slot Car Illustrated, Slot Racer Online etc. Having started out with the C1374 Scalextric Digital ARC PRO Platinum GT.

Having just ordered an analog 4-lane system from MrTrax I would certainly be interested in eventual conversion of that to Digital Scorpius. I will be following closely and also would like to offer my track up as guinea pig if you are interested.

I am located in NSW, 2430, Australia. Shall leave it at this. Great work on expanding your system.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,150 ·
Hi John

Mr Trax is well aware of the Scorpius system and is looking to make drop in lane changer boards for his system. Have a chat to him at some stage. Ive already informed him I can share any relevant knowledge in this regard.

Rick

Reactions: John Clinch

·
Registered
229 Posts
Howdy Rick,

Peter will be here in four weeks approximately delivering my track so I shall have a chat with him then, will see what he has to add and where abouts he is up to with this implementation.

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,152 ·
He even has Scorpius kit ready to install :)

We will need to plan out under table routing so all the wires and Lane Brain fit nicely in channels etc and utilise the new generation Scorpius flipper assembly which everything revolves around.

Rick

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sounds very exciting times indeed. Peter just needs some time now to implement this all. Just thinking about this, with MrTrax system being modular, perhaps the changes etc should be on a modular section that is installed between his normal pieces (a 300mm in length or what ever the length of flipper and changer etc is including the sensor in a module perhaps) keeping his system completely modular..

My offer for test and trial stands, just ask

Johnno

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Rick,

I've been planning a routed digital track build here in UK for a while and had my heart set on your system, but was looking into oxigen as scorpius seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth.

Will your lane brains and all the other kit still work with the new car chip and do you know of anyone that has some in stock? It's a lot of money to invest, so if I can't get a fully functioning system I'll be forced to look at other options.

Any help appreciated...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi Rick,

I've been planning a routed digital track build here in UK for a while and had my heart set on your system, but was looking into oxigen as scorpius seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth.

Will your lane brains and all the other kit still work with the new car chip and do you know of anyone that has some in stock? It's a lot of money to invest, so if I can't get a fully functioning system I'll be forced to look at other options.

Any help appreciated...
Hi James,

Sounds like you are after a full turn-key system, right? If so then that is how I too would hope this is released, being ful turn-key just makes everything flow smoother(well it should being turn-key).

Personally, I would hold off on all current plans for a purchase of third party routed digital system until we see how this develops further, I think this will be fantastic implementation and addition to all routed tracks, after all it is possibly only six month wait, I think, I read something about an April timeline (no year can only take that as April 2020), I could be wrong.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Rick,

Any help appreciated...
Not dropping off. Always thinking😊

All stock is available right now. Every item.

Yes its all backward compatible for sure. Too easy. We will continue to manufacture and support Gen I chip as it still kicks butt and will be $10 cheaper than Gen II.

And our flipper assembly is not far off for routed tracks.

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,158 ·
Hi James,

Sounds like you are after a full turn-key system, right? If so then that is how I too would hope this is released, being ful turn-key just makes everything flow smoother(well it should being turn-key).

Personally, I would hold off on all current plans for a purchase of third party routed digital system until we see how this develops further, I think this will be fantastic implementation and addition to all routed tracks, after all it is possibly only six month wait, I think, I read something about an April timeline (no year can only take that as April 2020), I could be wrong.
Full turn key to me would mean plug and play lane changers and DPR hatch or chip fitting service.
Luckily we will be offering all that 😊

·
Registered
229 Posts
A Turnkey, a turnkey project, or a turnkey operation (also spelled turn-key) is a type of project that is constructed so that it can be sold to any buyer as a completed product (reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnkey)

So yes, a complete package that has everything required to get up and running immediately, full plug and play yes. Not having to go out and chase down part A from supplier A and part B from supplier B or having to buy additional items etc.

1141 - 1160 of 1170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.