SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The red LED has stopped working on my controller. The controller seems to be working just fine. I've tried all the different mode's to make sure it is only the red LED and nothing else is wrong. It's working great. Is it possible to replace the bi colour LED as it's kind of bugging me that it's not lighting up. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
You should be able to replace the LED ............ bi-coloured ones cost about 50-60p, so it is not a major expense.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks GregK.

I figured the LED itself wouldn't cost too much.
I'll have to find a competent electrician to do the soldering.

If i can find a reference LED part number to help find a replacement match would be helpful.

I'm also wondering if those LED's have been known issue before or if it's one of those odd occasions they stop working.

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Just google "bi-led" ......... there will be many sizes and I suspect that you might need a 3mm one.

Like any component, an LED can fail as and when it feels like it but usually they can last for a good many years.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again GregK,

I just wasn't sure if there were different spec ratings for these particular LED's as i haven't dealt with this type before other than to look at.

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Here is a link to a calculator to give you an idea as to how these things are integrated into circuits.

Having thought about it a bit more ......... it might be worth giving Maruzio a PM or email Slot.It and ask them directly ........... who knows? they might even fix if for you if they are still basking in the afterglow of Gaydon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts