SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a look through the threads and couldn't find anything similar...

I had a C chip set up in SSD mode and it worked fine. Now I want to run it in pure O2. I did the following: -
1. Changed the 'voltage screw' on the chip from A/C to D/C.
2. After lots and lots of attempts to get the chip in DFU mode, I believe I uploaded the O2 software onto the chip using the nordic app. I got a progress bar on the screen whilst it happened, and no error message after.
3. When I sit the car on a D/C powered track, the LED is now constantly on.
4. When I switch on the bluetooth on my android phone, it sees something called 'CarC-inactive', but does not pair with it as it asks for a passcode.
5. When I switch on the SI app (v1.5.1) and 'search', it says 'no device found'

6. I also had a go with the SCP2 just to see whether all the above was irrelevant and it got the car running anyway...no such luck! It's fresh out the box; I play with the knobs and can set 'track 1' and 'car 19' but cannot get it it to show me any software reference (d, o, h etc).
7. When I press the down arrow and round knob and pull the trigger and place the car on the track, I get a continuously rotating display, and when I let go of the trigger I get an 'E' in the display.

I cannot see any troubleshooting guide anywhere...so here I am!

All suggestions welcome

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I believe I have uploaded O2 3.15b, via the 'backdoor', with the Nordic app. But the Slot.it app does not find any devices when it does a search.

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
Correct. If you're still in the Nordic app when you see "CarC-inactive" that means the chip is in app mode, and appears to think it's not activated/registered. This might have happened if you have never registered it, but used the Nordic app to install the SSD software (Malafama, by the way, the screw is moved to AC position for SSD use). Once the chip has been registered, it should never need to be registered again, even if you move back to SSD or other firmware.

As mentioned, you need to use the slot.it app, and tap the Add button to go through the registration process. If it doesn't work the first time, make sure your wifi, bluetooth, AND location/gps services are all on. If they were, try turning them off and back on again.

Regarding the SCP2 programming process, the "track mode" was removed in a previous firmware update. Track mode is now set using the bootloader or slot.it app.

·
Registered
79 Posts
OK MrFlippant. Leí mal y el tema del traductor de google tampoco ayuda ...

La primera idea para ayudar a BARacer fue enviar el enlace a tus videos porque lo entendería la primera vez pero ...

Entonces, BARacer te dejará en manos de MrFlippant que terminarás antes jejejeje

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
Location, location, location...who'd have thought you needed that switched on!
Many thanks
Yeah, I'm not sure why that's needed, but apparently, it is. I leave my GPS on all the time, so no biggie.

Malafama, translation services can make things less clear sometimes, but it's still better than not being able to help at all. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts