SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Two new cars are about to roll off my workbench and I need space for them in my slot car box.....

IMPORTANT NOTE: THESE CARS WERE MADE FOR RACING ON WOODEN TRACKS

Jaguar XJR9LM - 1999 OWH Proxy II race winner!
SOLD

The body is a Betta Lexan vacuum-formed Tom Walkinshaw Racing Jaguar XJR-9LM, as driven by Andy Wallace, Johnny Dumphries and Jan Lammers to victory in the 1988 Le Mans 24 Hour endurance race - actually a 1987 Jaguar XJR-8 painted to resemble the 1988 car. The 'Silk Cut' logo's were hand-painted by Gary Cannell. For some odd reason, the correct shade of purple in which the body is painted, does not show in the photo! Note that the body has slight battle scars.

The chassis is hand-built from 16 gauge brass plate with 18 gauge piano-wire main-rails, with a central 'flexi-iso' pivot. The side-pans are hinged, with plumber (front tilt) hinges located directly ahead of the front wheels. The motor is an original Plafit Cheetah. Front wheels are SCD Delrin and the rear wheels were also machined by SCD. Tyres are Ingram 'fish rubber' - which are now rock hard and need to be replaced!

Opel Calibra - 2004 World Proxy Race Series entry
SOLD

This car only competed in the Californian round of the WPRS, where it tied for second place with Chris Briggs' Mercedes. The body is absolutely dreadful! It is a 1/32nd 'ish' Scalextric C0596 Opel Calibra body, from the 'drug baron' range of Scalex cars that originally came with black windows. It's been resprayed and the dayglo orange paint was applied too thickly and is starting to craze. The wheelarches have been widened to 64mm.

The chassis handles incredibly well and is the best brass chassis I've ever built. It's a lot more shiny than the pictures show!

Please send me a PM or e-mail [email protected]

G

·
Russell's Jag will be going in the museum display as I think this car is outstanding example of what proxy car racing is about.

Jeff.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
QUOTE Russell's Jag will be going in the museum display as I think this car is outstanding example of what proxy car racing is about.

that is great news, and where a car of that racing pedigree and detail should go, after all if it has won a proxy race it can not really get much better than that, anything which has raced and won to that standard should be retired at the top of its game!

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pleased that both cars have gone to good homes!

Kind regards

Russell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts