SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on feedback I received from the developer, I have updated the SCRM review on my site.

What I thought were minor bugs were a result of not having the software set properly which stems from an inabilty to read German. . .

One feature that the developer pointed out which I think is VERY NICE is the abilty to count "minus one" holes. This means it will count from zero to three holes for 1-4 cars. This allows standard guide flags to be used for cars that are converted to pro-X.

Right here is a reason to get SCRM -- It will work with Pro-X conversions. The upcoming Pro-X lapcounter senses the position of the open hole so any conversion will require holes in the exact position of pro-X holes, which means a longer guide flag. SCRM is not so picky.

·
Soren Winkler Rasmussen
355 Posts
Hi darainbow
QUOTE (darainbow @ 15 Jan 2005, 04:44)Right here is a reason to get SCRM -- It will work with Pro-X conversions. The upcoming Pro-X lapcounter senses the position of the open hole so any conversion will require holes in the exact position of pro-X holes, which means a longer guide flag. SCRM is not so picky.I'm wondering about the long guide blades????.

I can certainly see the importance of keeping the size of the guide and hole ratios constant ... but if you cut slots in a normal guide blade, at the intervals corresponding to the long Pro-X guide blades, wouldn't the sensor merely see it as a car that is passing at a higher speed.

The cars are very slow compared to the speed of modern electronic circuits ... I simply don't see the problem with a short guide blade, seen from a detection point of view.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guide blade is long to operate the floating magnet. The holes could be alot closer together. I think carrera just evenly spaced them.

SCRM counts the number of holes on the flag. Three holes can easily be drilled on a standard flag. This is just a matter of mechanics and operating a drill. Remember that there is some up/down movement of the flag past the sensor so there needs to be some height to the hole. And if we are talking about round holes, that means they are wider. Long thin slits would be ideal, but how to make them?

OT: the floating magnet works great and with the rear magnet removed the cars feel like a cross between magnet and magnetless cars -- there is no brake away and the tail is always out.

·
Soren Winkler Rasmussen
355 Posts
Hi darainbow
QUOTE (darainbow @ 15 Jan 2005, 16:33)The guide blade is long to operate the floating magnet. The holes could be alot closer together. I think carrera just evenly spaced them.That sounds like a logical explanation.

QUOTE SCRM counts the number of holes on the flag. Three holes can easily be drilled on a standard flag. This is just a matter of mechanics and operating a drill. Remember that there is some up/down movement of the flag past the sensor so there needs to be some height to the hole. And if we are talking about round holes, that means they are wider. Long thin slits would be ideal, but how to make them?I agree ... long thin slits sound like the optimum solution. This will allow the car to bounce on the track, without missing a detection.

I would imagine that a Dremel or Proxxon tool would be well suited to make the thin slits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts