SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Eduardo: I have actually found even another one variant of intermediate mold in AC Cobra. It´s about a Cobra in red for Mabuchi engine, but still without the definitive hole in chassis for big white crown, but with the previous one hole for small black crown.

A comrade told me a couple of months ago about it, so I also tried to find the same intermediate version in the yellow Porsche 904 GTS. Although I have not been able to find it at the moment, I think it is reasonable that in the future the same intermediate mold version can be detected.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Philippe, the french injection colors in Rumilly that I have been able to detect are:

Cheetah: white, yellow, orange (with interior of the same color, unlike the Hong Kong units in black), red and blue (very close tone to the American units, but it is not the same plastic).

Ferrari Dino: yellow and red.

Porsche 904 GTS: yellow so far in 2 different mold evolutions for Igarashi engine and equal to the white of American units and for Wasp engine.

AC Cobra Daytona: red up to 3 different evolutions, as for the Porsche GTS in addition to an intermediate.

PS: as a curiosity I have a fiberglass clone made by John Bacon of the Ferrari Dino, but with the rear modified. I do not know if this is due to rectify some failure of Strombecker reproduction or to reproduce another Ferrari Dino unit with different chassis number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.