SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
very nice, "clean" conversion, Eduardo. I have used this technique to convert "sandwich" style snap kits to running; the Lindbergs come to mind, but never thought of the Strombeckers as candidates for such. Only guys like us would refer to a project car having "a nice cracked body"!

Steve in CO

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I too did a Strombecker roadster, but for more practical reasons: the car I found was missing it's "top", and the glass was all glue-burned. So I "draw-formed" a new windscreen over the old one, and left all the running gear as stock. For a long time I have thought of it as more of a "fantasy car", as the only 1:1 roadster I knew of was a Mk. II that won Sebring one year. A recent visit to the Shelby Museum in Boulder, CO showed me otherwise: here was a Mk I white roadster with the 289 and Borrani wire wheels! First thing I thought was how I'd love to have that for a morning on a local canyon run! And if you all ever visit Colorado, you have to take in this wonderful museum. (Come and be my guest!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.