SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts

News from SCX of their first Quarter of 2012 releases. Some of the info has been posted in other areas on the forum, but i thought best to bring it all together in one place.

Citroen DS3 2011 "Sebastian Loeb"
SCX Ref; A10066

RRP £39.99 - Available Feb 2012.

Hummer H3 "Gordon"
SCX Ref; A10067

Citroen 2CV "Original 657"
SCX Ref; A10068

Renault 8 "Talavera"
SCX Ref; A10069

Hummer H3 "Gordon" Dirt Effect
SCX Ref; A10081

Lotus F1 2011 "Petrov"
SCX Ref; A10079

RRP £39.99 - Available March 2012.

McLaren F1 2011 "Button"
SCX Ref; A10080

Renault 4L "Montecarlo"
SCX Ref; A10070

Mercedes SLS 2011 "Sonax"
SCX Ref; A10071

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Really like the 2CV, really like the R4, really nervous about paying RRP for any SCX cars now.
Once bitten, twice shy...

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Oh that R4 is a doll. It makes me want to run the Mini Monte Carlo just for that! One day, folks, one day.

The 2CV is fabulous too.

Even the Lotus is a charmer, and that's saying something for a modern F1 car.

And that Merc! I could could on.

·
Registered
270 Posts
That R4 is a charmer and a great running mate with the 2CV. I feel themed race nights with friends coming on - food, wine, Edith Piaf on the stereo and calling out lap times in the worst possible Allo Allo accents!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Robby Gordons hummer is a must! ...but for the Dakar/raid models, do they tend to be MUCH taller than standard rally cars?

It's just on my little layout, I have a fairly low fly over bridge, which may cause issues with taller raid models!

·
David H
3,724 Posts
QUOTE (jamracing @ 19 Jan 2012, 22:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Robby Gordons hummer is a must! ...but for the Dakar/raid models, do they tend to be MUCH taller than standard rally cars?
Yes. If your track is still as shown on your signature (pic as below) then you may well have issues. I just tried to find my SCX Hummer to measure it for you, but it's under a load of boxes and unreachable at the moment.

Even though I love the looks, finish and detail of SCX's Hummer, I have to say that its performance on a flat track is disappointing, and my expectations weren't high to start with. Very, very slow (weight, gearing and 4x4 transmission friction hurt) and very, very tippy, not aided by a heavily sprung drop arm that does its best to roll the car in corners. Lovely to look at though, and probably very capable on rough track.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, I can't say I was expecting it to be the same height as a normal car, just in that shot, it doesn't look so tall. But yeah, the bridge is still the same height and have no real way to raise it now its all stuck down. Oh well! If Modelzone start selling it for £19.99, might have to be brought as a looker, not a runner!

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Nice selection and it is good to see SCX keeping up with the "quirky" releases. But as an F1 fan the questions I will need answering before parting with my cash are:

Will the new Renault (2011) have the 2010 shape (as per their previous release) or will it be the 2011 shape without the "shark fin"?

Will the McLaren be the 2011 shape?

Time will tell.

Philip

·
Ewan McKen
1,448 Posts
That Hummer should be about 6cm tall.

I like the VW and the Mitsubishi more than my current Hummers on the SCX Offroad Track, but I like the colour on this Hummer, so I guess I am buying.

Reliant Robin would also be a must buy for me.

Regards,
Ewan

1 - 20 of 39 Posts