SlotForum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi Boloko

I took the photos in my office? - they are not pulled from any web site (unless you include my pic hosting web site?)

The Statement from Bachmann was sent as a traders info release not from any web site.

Not really sure what your getting at?

Drop me a PM if there is something specific you want to know.

Gareth

· Beppe Giannini
1,698 Posts
For an useful update on spanish expletives (mainly related to the mother's profession) have a look at ForoSlot's Digital board

Nobody told them, they got the news here and are obviously jubilant !!!

· Registered
715 Posts
There appears to be a different approach to the guide/lane change system. I don't think that little thingy that pops down from the guide directs you through the LC section anymore. It probably just activates the flipper. I noticed that the new lane changer has the flippers just like everybody else.

A shame that. I thought it was kind of ingenius, like what I came up with some time ago. I guess it was not reliable
. Flipperless looked cool to me. It appears that they are investing a lot into their digital.

Brush up on your German: SCX Digital German Site

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi Maltese

Just got both track sections out of the box and apart from the additional Powerline connections the cross overs are identical.

The peg on the guide flag does activate the flipper.

Gareth

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi All

It would appear that the original email from Bachmann could have been better worded!

The new Powerline track does work with the original Spanish track but the additional functions of the pwerline connection obviulsy don't work.

The cars are the same so should work fine, the last item that i will check is the power control section (i.e. where the controllers plug in).

Give me tthe weekend (When Slik is going to film the system) and we will report back.

This may please our Spanish members.

Gareth

· Beppe Giannini
1,698 Posts
I don't know whether SCX's marketing (??) is inept or arrogant - probably both

Today, they finally posted on Slotadictos : no excuses, vague explanations (of course the change will allow the usual unspecified "exciting new features") - heaven forbid no free upgrade for the unfortunate suckers

Anyway, what I understand is that you throw away the control unit and lap counter - you can reuse the "old" track pieces, but not in the track section between control unit and lap counter

· Registered
197 Posts
QUOTE (Xlot @ 27 Aug 2004, 13:02)1) I don't know whether SCX's marketing (??) is inept or arrogant - probably both

2) Today, they finally posted on Slotadictos : no excuses, vague explanations (of course the change will allow the usual unspecified "exciting new features") - heaven forbid no free upgrade for the unfortunate suckers
Well, Beppe wrote first.

1) Better not to explain this item.

2) Tecnitoys has replaced without excuses all defective objects. My suggestion is that, if your system doesn't work due to power fail or communication just claim, they MUST replace if in that case.

It seems like rails are not good enough to feed necessary current for all accesories or perhaps a communication fail, so they decided to add a second line disconnected from cars' for accesories (lap counter). If I'm right, lap counter should dim (power fail) or miscount laps (communication).

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hi All

A couple of bits of info.

Tecnitoys have been in touch and i'm just waitiing for one bit of confirmation info and i sould be able to iron out any confusion on Monday.

However:

We had a play today!

Mr M., Slik, Jexy1 (me) and Rob got together at Slik's house this after noon to set up the SCX Digital Powerline system for an NSCC review and to shoot some fottage for Slik's next video.

As i had already set up and used the system before, i left it to the others to set up and programme, all went well.

We built the same track design as shown on the box (an off set oval) and programmed all three DTM cars that come with the set.

First impressions? Great fun!

We left the system at full power (there are two settings) for about half an hours racing/playing before resetting each car to half power (you can program each car independantly). And to be honest i felt this was 100% better, more time to consider lane changes, closer racing and less off's.

Following the concerns about the Tecnitoys Spain system and SCX Powerline compatabilty we re-made the track using both type of track sections. I can confirm that with the exception of the lap counter and power connection all track peices work together, but the SCX Powerline does have a better connection.

We also found that the lap counter would not work if a mixture of track types were used between it and the power base.

A full report and video will follow soon.

Hope this helps to clear up any confusion caused by my earlier posts.

Gareth

· Registered
174 Posts
Morning,

Great Video Slik,

However, much as I do like watching the cars, do we really need to see the 'Three Stooges' on there?, put me right of my bowl of Crunchy Nuts!.

Looks good though, cant wait to see the full length movie.

Having played with the sets, do YOU think they are going to be a hit? Myself I am not sure.......but even though young in my ears I am more an 'old skool' driver and a kind of technophobic!.

Cheers

Neil

· Jim Moyes
6,521 Posts
QUOTE (MrNDudman @ 29 Aug 2004, 08:26)However, much as I do like watching the cars, do we really need to see the 'Three Stooges' on there?, put me right of my bowl of Crunchy Nuts!.

Nice one!!

Now I can be rude about your rally track
Where was that thread again?

Mr.M

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
OK, I have now had official confirmation (in addition to playing with the system) about compatibility.

Bascially:

All track sections are compatible i.e. Powerline and non powerline can be joined together and will work.

The lap counter and control sections are NOT compatible i.e. you can't use them both together on one layout. - This is a little more complex to explain, but bascially if you put a non Powerline lap counter with a Powerline control base it will not work. Whilst some of the functions may work, not all will (race start for example).

One additional point, if combining the two systems on one layout then you must ensure that the type of track used between the control base and the lap counter must be of the same type i.e. don't mix the two.

I have a long winded notice from Tecnitoys, but the above is basically what it says.

All the above seem to bear out my experience of using the two systems together.

Hope this helps to clear it up.

Gareth
NSCC

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.