Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of a 2 set SCX digital track layout I have just setup with a pit section. This sytstem works great. Quality of the set is outstanding. Racing digital compared to analog is a whole new world and being able to place crossovers any where on the track is a definite need. The who issue about length of crossover section is a non-factor. Having many possible passing places is the most important issue. My current setup has 8 crossover sections around the track and two additional for the pit section. SCX has done a excellent job in producing this set.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
That looks like a fun set-up. Tell us more on how the racing works out. What are you doing with the pits?

·
René 'Vialli' Christensen
4,861 Posts
Crossover?
Don't you mean "lane change" ?

But it's a great idea to use it in the pitlane.

Are there one lane tracks that will take the car back on the track?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Slotrace.dk @ 4 Oct 2004, 22:20)Crossover?
Don't you mean "lane change" ?

But it's a great idea to use it in the pitlane.

Are there one lane tracks that will take the car back on the track?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is currently no one lane track available here in the US that I know of. To get back on the track from the pit a second changeover track is used. If you miss that you will end up on the carpet and off the track. I will post a picture of a improved pit idea later this week once my order for more track is received. This will make the one lane track not necessary. The use of a passive changeover track makes layout options unlimited. I do feel SCX has gone done the right road
here.

In the process of moving this setup down to my workshop that will use an overhead lift up table arrangement.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is my updated pit to eliminate cars that miss the pit exit from going onto the carpet. We have a inner circle track that will led the cars around and back to the beginning of the pit. I guess it's like going behind the pit wall in a sense. Cars can be waiting here to be timed in. I will be adding addition straights to lengthen the pit lane.

·
Registered
60 Posts
There is another post on this forum which shows new SCX track pieces due out around now. (I do not know how to link to it but it is titled 'UK /London SCX Digital Launch Event, Pics and info'

One of those is a dedicated piece for returning crashed cars to the track off the main track and would be ideal as a return from the pits and would free up the lane change.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
QUOTE (Taz @ 9 Oct 2004, 19:05)There is another post on this forum which shows new SCX track pieces due out around now. (I do not know how to link to it but it is titled 'UK /London SCX Digital Launch Event, Pics and info'

One of those is a dedicated piece for returning crashed cars to the track off the main track and would be ideal as a return from the pits and would free up the lane change.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here it is: Topic

Those SCX pieces look great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts