SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen to many threads on the SCX digital. I also have not seen any sets on ebay or in the stores. Is scx still making the digital? have they annouced any new stuff or are they waiting for the toy fairs?

i was also wondering how the scx digital cars were holding up and it there were any other issues with them

brian

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
Brian,

I think you'll have to go surf on the Spanish forums to pick up much about the pros and cons of the SCX system.

You are right, and it is very interesting (telling?), that there is seemingly no chatter on these wires about it. That either means few sales or great contentment amongst those who have purchased.

Or it means something else.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ma seen '0' sets in the usa. ebay dried up. i also thought i read something that scx was holding off on production of the sets and future cars.

i wish sxc would give a little more info

I guess that is why scalextric is so popular because they give some info. it seems carrera is starting to give out some info too.

brian

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
They anounched the pit lane/single lane track sections before Christmas, but probably waiting until Toy Fair for the rest.

Gareth

·
Registered
530 Posts
I can buy SCX digital all day long in the Los Angeles area. The usual retailer I go to has nice three car sets, plus all the additional stuff to walk out with a six lane set up.

I looks like a real nice system , but without backwards compatibility I can't get interested.

I have Too many cars, that are to nice, to leave behind. Plus SCX cars are all euro coupes , probably the least interesting cars I can think of except Nascar.

·
Registered
87 Posts
QUOTE (beach cruiser @ 20 Jan 2005, 18:15)I can buy SCX digital all day long in the Los Angeles area. The usual retailer I go to has nice three car sets, plus all the additional stuff to walk out with a six lane set up.

I looks like a real nice system , but without backwards compatibility I can't get interested.

I have Too many cars, that are to nice, to leave behind. Plus SCX cars are all euro coupes , probably the least interesting cars I can think of except Nascar.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

6 lane setup, how is this possible?

I thought they only had 1 type of Curve radius available at the moment?

Do you mean 6 car setup?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Oilslick,

1) I guess Beach Cruiser is talking about 6-car setup (1 full set + 1 transformer + 1 cable + 1 digital black box + 1 cable + 3 controllers + 3 cars).

2) SCX has just released in Spain digital inner curve as well as 1/4 straight. So wit ha simple trick a 4-lane circuit is possible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi i have just bought the 3 car scx 10000 digital system. First impresions are good but i am not a pro racer or slot techy, I bought a couple of scalextric sport pack for xmas, forgot how much fun it was and have now gone digital. A nice feature on the scx is that you can programme the cars to race at junior level, anyone who has kids and have seen a brand new car fly off the track into a wall this is a godsend considering scx digital car prices.

Anyone need to know anything general on the system just ask, i will try to help - no techy questions though i,m just a fun user at the moment.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So you bought extra Sport track for Xmas, but then decided to go for SCX Digital rather Scalextric Digital. Interesting choice...

Where did you buy it from?

Have you noticed the reported car "stutter" as they change lanes?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought it from a local shop for £220, - i have seen it on the web now for £200 plus postage.
I went for the scx mainly due to the lane change and overall package. 3 cars to start with and 4 lc giving you the option to change from either track rather than the scalextric doing out to in or in to out.
Not noticed the stutter but normally have to many distractions to concentrate but if you stop on a lane change you might need a push to bring it back into contact - a bit like a crossover on scalextric sport.

hope this helps

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi there,
I have 6 SCX digital cars, all running fine. As with any digital system keep the track rails and braids clean. Service the cars often, they run smoother and quieter with a little oiling.
Re stuttering, this does not happen on SCX LC's it is however induced by the magnets on the SCX start line track section. Please see my comprehensive comments in the other SCX digital thread here.
cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts