SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,611 Posts
I can tell you that it is not the Ninco power pack. We used one per lane on the Phoenix track and this did not cause a problem in the last three years. In fact, quite the opposite because the SCX cars go better wuth a few more volts. I do believe that Ninco have downgraded their latest power packs down to 12 Volts from the older ones that pushed out 16 volts.

I don`t know what causes the problem as we have never encountered this situation. We have had the SCX people at Phoenix and had talks and demonstrations and the power situation never seemed to alarm them.

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Glad you mentioned this cos I thought it was just me! Periodicaly we measured the power output of the six Ninco transformers we were using at the club. Steadily over the period of three years they have increased up to 31 Volts. At this point I have had them replaced with a variable supply.

I`m not into electrics but someone who is explained it to me and so the decision was made by me to change. I`m pretty chuffed with the variable supply because of the diverse groups that use Phoenix. Would not want to change back again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.