SlotForum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I have in my hands the first SCX Dome Judd S 101 to hit these shores. The car was couriered over to Jexy1 today who in turn brought it over to my track this evening.

My intial impressions and track time surpass everything I was hoping for. The graphics are simply amazing, the lights fantastic and the new motor as punchy as Prince Naseem at his peak.

I will post some pictures and snippets from my forthcoming NSCC review in the next day or so.

Cheers,

slik.

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Is it LMP at Farnham this week?

I couldn't keep up before!

I'm glad it's champions league week.

Enjoy your 16, Slik. Or has Jexy1 held one back for "testing" purposes

Mr.M

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just got mine in today too...

I thought it was supposed to have new "slick" tires. Slik..does your have these new tires? Mine has the identical rubber the Audi does and compound seems the same? It does have the "Pro" silver braid however. Body weight is odd as well..on my scale it is only 1 gram lighter than the Audi R8.

The suspension effect they included seems to work...at least better than other attempts I have seen. New lighting system is another story...perhaps I just got a bad one as my front lights don't work.

Nice running car though..in fact it one of the smoothest SCX out of the box cars I have had.

Harry

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I picked one up at the weekend also and though I haven't tried it yet apart from a quick 'on site' trial on the test bench during the race ( Lights all work Harry, maybe you need to contact SCX).
I like the look of the suspension set up and lok forward to trying to get the whole chassis to flex some too.

I, really looking forward to Sliks pics and HAD to add a couple of my own as I was too interested in the light set up to resist opening it this morning...

They have addressed, very well, the old problem of fitting lights to areas where space is minimal.

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Hey!

Where did you get yours from?

Sean? They landed in the UK yet?

Lights and lenses, nice to see them go one up on Margate. Again!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey there!

Lights, on my model, I am glad to say work perfectly.

The tyres are treaded and I would agree they seem to be the same compound as the Audi R8.

Cheers,

slik.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Bought mine from Cric Crac during one of my Team breaks in Igualada this weekend Wankel. Damn good price too.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Hi all

Sorry Sean - you are right the new Dome and Le mans sets should be with you very shortly, the version Slik is the SCX UK version not an imported Spanish Scalextric version (no difference but the branding).

I'll let Slik fill in all the tech details, but i have to say this is by far the best SCX car i have seen!

Mr Material - bad news - i wont be racing on Wednesday, i'll pop in but can't stay (USA calls!).
(PS your white stuff will be there!!!) and no like all the review stuff i get i only get one! and all the reviewers get to keep the cars, so i will have to buy one to beat you with!!!

Have fun

JEXY1

(Gareth)

·
John
1,340 Posts
Yeah,

The domes are scalextric branded (spanish import) ,

But the good news is that the le mans start includes the champion audi !!!

Oh and the old Konrad porsche gt1

BSN

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey there!

A few more pictures for you all to drool over photographed by Gareth Jex (JEXY1) at my track last night. Many thanks go to SCX Techni-Toys for getting these cars to us in the UK so quickly and in time for our NSCC journal deadline. I feel quite honoured to have the first SCX branded Dome car in the country.

I thought you may also like to see the two cars that are included with the new Le Mans Start set from SCX Techni-Toys.

Cheers,

slik.

·
John
1,340 Posts
I knew I should have had one in spain!!

I have one on order in uk, but I think I will be getting another NOW to illuminate one of my R8s

Cool lights!

BSN

Time for a quick edit

Has the porsche got rear lights?

If so I'll have to get one of those, (YES they had them in spain 65e)!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
QUOTE ...as soon as we can get our grubby mits on em

Er.

Can I ask you to wash your hands before you send out my toys in future. I don't want a Pendle Slot "Chequered Flag" version of this one. Thanks all the same!

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Worth mentioning and I haven't seen it noted anywhere else but both cars supplied in the Le Mans start pack are lightly weathered. Not to the extent of the Chequered Flag Fly car though, more like a light version of the Scaley Goodwood set.

·
Jamie Coles
515 Posts
er....Jexy...any chance of dropping off a spare RX Turbo motor tonight that I can put in my Audi? !!

Slik - "hey there"

I will be careful not to scratch the paintwork at the crossovers - if I can keep up with you.

Cheers

JC

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
I'm pleased they've decided to revisit the 911 GT-1, I think they abandoned that shell after way to few releases. It's a nice runner. I surely hope there will be more to come.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts