SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my SCX F1 McLaren spins out (which is often) the little pin on the guide comes out of the hole in the steering mechanism and the car needs attention. The problem is that it never de-slots, it just swaps ends.

The thing is usless as it never lasts more than about 3 laps in our house without this happening.

Have I got a dud, can I solve it, or is the steering mechanism a bit rubbish?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I never had this problem. I run my SCX F1's on Ninco tracks, no mags, with RX4H motors 8x27, pro single braids and Urethane tires.....needless to say they run hard.

I just had to reduce a little the front tires to allow the guide blade to work well.

For me you just have a rear grip problem. Do you run magnet or not ? What kind of track ?

Maybe if you just change the tires, or treat them (they like Paraffine oil) you'll reduce the problem. I guess it's just an oversteer problem.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm... I may wind the magnet out a bit to stop it sliding at the back and "fluff" the braid so the guide doesn't sit so low in the slot.

·
David H
3,800 Posts
A relatively simple fix is to use a soldering iron to carefully melt the end of the pin and shape it so that it's too large to come out of its locating hole. I've done that on older SCX F1s and haven't had a problem since. If you'd rather not melt the pin, add a small ball of Araldite to it instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts