SlotForum banner

SCX Ford Focus WRC with Safari Dirt Effect

3K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Nep72 
It could be the ohms your controller is running. I don't really know what the Carrera controller ohmages are, but if they are 60 then they may be a bit high for the SCX car, I know an SCX F1 car won't run well with scaley sport controllers (60 ohm)

Check the connections from the braids to the motor, maybe slide the crown gear away from the spur a little to allow a smoother rotation. I would bother with lubricant, It did wonders for my spirit lola.

Check the wheels aren't rubbing the arches, and that the guide isn't causing de-slots.

Hope this will get it running well, it'd be a shame if you were stuck with a duffer.

The spur is the small gear on the end of the motor spindle. At least, I think thats what its called (I'm only 16!)

Guide wise, I think (?) the carrera slot is pretty deep, so the guide shouldn't need trimming. If anything, it could be too shallow, causing the car to de-slot when sliding.

About finding out what ohms the controllers are, it should be in the gumf you get int he instructions. If not, I don't really know as I don't ahve any carrera stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.