SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an SCX Opel Astra V8 Coupe just out of the box that has one headlight out. Both brake lights work fine. Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong and how to fix it?

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Hi Coznik,

Harry Wise had a similar problem with an SCX Dome Judd. Here's what he said:

"The problem was that on my model the rear lights worked fine, being very bright with little bleed through around the lenses. But the front lights would not function at all. I decided to take a closer look to see why, and discovered the problem. There are 2 small pressure straps that make contact as shown in the photo. Make sure these are making contact and the area there is clean of any arcing that might have occurred from the straps not being firmly pressed against the light surface. I am convinced after reading other enthusiasts comments that my model was just a very isolated case, and I doubt you will have the same problems."

You can see pictures of how Harry fixed the problem in the review at Home Racing World: http://www.homeracingworld.com/scxdome.htm

I bought one of the new Japan-liveried Domes and have had no problems. Hope you get yours fixed, the SCX headlights are the brightest I've seen and really fun for night racing.

Paul

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks guys,
I checked the tab and it's seems to be making contact. I really am at a loss
Maybe it's a simple as a bulb out?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I had a problem with my SCX Dome front lights quiting after just a few laps running but forunately it turned out to be nothing more than poor contacts.

If you havn't already done so I would check all the contacts, not just the one on the lamp itself as it could be one of the other connections in the circuit causing the failure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts