SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got me the SCX Mercedes C-klasse DTM car as part of my xmas, I gave it a run yesterday and to be blunt, its performance is pathetic. I am able to hold the trigger on my controller down full, on straight stretch of track it gets about half the speed of a Scalextric car, but the strange bit is when it hits a bend, it slows itself down and kind of stutters/chugs round the bend then picks speed up again on the straight.
This is the first SCX car i have got so I wanted to ask, is this normal for their cars or has my wife picked up a faulty one in the shop. I am a noob so just wanted to pick some of your brains before i take it back and make a mug of myself.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
That is not normal for a SCX car, new, they run really well, maybe just a little slower then Scalextric. If you can't fix the car take it back as it is faulty. You can check the braids and inside check the metal contacts from the motor make good contact with the strips on the chassis.

Matthew

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Hi

I would take it back unless you like tinkering.
I've had a few issues with SCXs out of the box - if it's a standard SCX, usually it's bad contact with the springy contact arms which make the contact between the motor & the metal strips which lead to the guide & braids. Sometimes they are a bit offset or the contact is tarnished where they touch - I give it a good clean at the contact point with meths or electrical contact cleaner and bend it to make the touch point squarer and a bit stronger.

pic courtesy of baharris3

Cheers
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts