SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts

Two new classic rally cars from SCX.
MGA 1500 - Alpine Rally 1956 Winner of the Coupe des Dames - Nancy Mitchell & Pat Faichney Ref; A10039

Nancy Mitchell drove MGs of various types on European events throughout 1956, and won the European Ladies' Rally Championship by doing so; a feat she repeated in 1957. MBL 867 played a remarkable part in that first championship victory giving her wins in the Ladies' Class on the Mille Miglia and the Alpine Rally before rounding the season off with a second in the Ladies' Class on the gruelling Liege-Rome-Liege; an event where finishing is, in itself, an achievement.

MGA Rallye Monte-Carlo Historique Ref; A10032

Due for release later this month. More technical info as soon as i get it.

Working head lights
Detailed Chassis
Removable magnet
First delivery - July 2011.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
NICE!
Need both

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wondered if that would get your attention Allan - how long before you strip one and re-spray?

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
After the shock of the 2CV, I just hope these have got the good ol' SCX can in 'em. That'll mean they'll be useful contenders for the remainder of the Slot Rally GB rounds!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Y'all on the other side of the pond really love your rally cars!

Give me one prepped like a mid 50's SCCA racer. With the original RX-42 they should run well with the ninco classics...

Still, I ran out a bought a Scalex MGB, I'll buy the first one of these I see on the shelf. I'll wait 6mos then rip out the top (hood) and the passenger!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi guys.
MG looks great. If the first to get one would be kind enough to run the rule over it for me (O/A body width and length), I can then check out how scale correct it is...it does look 'right'.
Interested in Jim's comments on the 2cv motor...is it not a normal RX type?
Cheers Bill.

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Oh! come ta papa...!

Greenman62

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Oh dear oh dear oh dear, what an almighty shame that both models pictured look more like the old fashioned push and go models of years gone by. I think they look dreadful. Biggest calamity is that they seem to have been looking at mirror image drawings and produced them both in left hand drive, WHY??? MBL 867 adorned a couple of MGA's but never a left hooker. Hence the wipers face the wrong way, no over riders, huge looking rear lamps and as for the colour version of Old English White it appears more like cream that has gone off. Even the windscreen seems to be flat rather than the gentle curve it should have. While on a winge, why do manufacturers keep on producing competition cars with chrome wire wheels, chroming actually weakens them and to the best of my knowledge are not be allowed.
Think I'll stick to the excellent versions produced by Lindberg, thankfully I've still got a few left.

Dick

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I saw that peter. The only one I have seen with those is the Monogram one:

Gareth, not long before that happens mate but I have a few to finish first (cough) and at least one of them will be sacrificed for parts so I can finish another Monogram version.

When is the MKII coming?????

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
I saw the red one, and immediately thought 'at last SCX have got the rear track right, the wheels don't stick out from the bodywork'
Then I scrolled down...
It doesn't excite me like the Scalextric MGB does.
Cheers,
Richard

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
....... and what scale are the driver and co-pilot?? They look rather on the large size.

Methinks that if this had been a Scalextric release there would have been a cacophony of complaints by now.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Cacophony! That`s a big word Greg!

Seriously though, I still like them & I`m sure they`ll be a winner for SCX......not as good as the old VIP versions though...

Cheers
Kev.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Big word .............. but I probably misspelt it

I also agree that they are good looking cars and I do like them

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Another great contender for the Mini Monte Carlo!

I'm sure Greg Petrolati will buy one, if only to remind him of the drove down to the MMM withAllan Wakefield in his. And I'm sure Allan Wakefield will buy one, if only to remind him of his full-size one when he's not in his garage!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts