SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Jim Moyes
6,526 Posts
After the shock of the 2CV, I just hope these have got the good ol' SCX can in 'em. That'll mean they'll be useful contenders for the remainder of the Slot Rally GB rounds!

· Jim Moyes
6,526 Posts
QUOTE (Hobby @ 22 Jun 2011, 18:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi guys.
MG looks great. If the first to get one would be kind enough to run the rule over it for me (O/A body width and length), I can then check out how scale correct it is...it does look 'right'.
Interested in Jim's comments on the 2cv motor...is it not a normal RX type?
Cheers Bill.

Bill

Width 45mm
Length 120mm
W/B 75 mm.

First impression is it's a little bit long and thin. So either too narrow or too long. But I thought that about the Citroen DS, which turned out to be spot on. Distance between the front wheelarch and door looks too long to me, which could be the culprit.

The motor is more worrying, it's an RK41. I immediately pulled it out to see if an RX41 would clip in but unfortunately there is a 2mm difference in length. A shame because all other dimensions look OK - even the "chicken legs" look as if they would be right if the SCX can could be sat flat in the mount.

I shall at least give it the benefit of the doubt, and use it in the class I picked for it next week. The motor's brush holder looks very similar to the ones fitted to the early Cartrix GP cars, which I seem to recall were Sun motors.

Looking at the thread about the latest F1 car released by SCX it would appear that this motor will now be the norm. So that's two grand old designs that SCX have dropped this year. Classic track and RX cans.

Are there any motor specs shown anywhere?

· Jim Moyes
6,526 Posts
QUOTE What is a RK41 motor

It is the motor fitted to the MGA by SCX

QUOTE and why did you pull it out before even trying the car?

Because I was at home and was interested to see if an original RX can would swap straight into the mountings.

· Jim Moyes
6,526 Posts
So does that mean there is a possibility that on the podded cars there may be the chance to change back to RX motor by swapping pods? Do you know what car the chassis in the picture was from?

Unfortunately the MGA isn't a podded car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.