Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts

Two new models from SCX.

Renault F1 Ref: A10024X300

"Enjoy driving this Renault F1 car driven by the Polish driver Robert Kubica in the 2009-10 F1 championship."

Comes with Steering front wheels, removable & adjustable magnet and Guide with suspension. Fitted with a RK-41 motor.

Renault Lotus F1 Ref: A10040X300

Specs for both cars;

Wheelbase; 101.5mm
Distance; 154.2mm
Front track; 53mm
Rear track; 54mm
Front wheel Dia; 19.6mm
Rear wheel Dia; 20mm
Transmission; 4x2 rear
Ratio; 9/27=3
Guide type; ARS
Motor; RK-41
Digitalizable; Yes

Both due this month.

·
Registered
149 Posts
"Enjoy driving this Renault F1 car driven by the Polish driver Robert Kubica in the 2009-10 F1 championship."

Erm, wasn't that livery only used in the 2010 season? And didn't Robert Kubica only join Renault in 2010?

Looking good, can't wait. Who is supposed to be driving the Lotus-Renault?

100 Posts!

Cheers,
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Where is the driver in the 2nd car???

·
Jim Moyes
4,998 Posts
Alexis, it is a new type of motor. There is a bit of discussion and pictures of it in the MGA thread.

Apparently it is another thing that has had to be changed to accommodate the digital fans. Like solid front axles! I hope the digital system is selling well for them.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
At last they are available!!!

I have been looking forward to both these releases......one of each for me!

(A new style of motor could be good news as I was never very happy with the unit installed in previous SCX F1 cars.)

Cheers
Philip

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
QUOTE (thestig514 @ 21 Sep 2011, 18:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Erm, wasn't that livery only used in the 2010 season? And didn't Robert Kubica only join Renault in 2010?

Cheers,
Chris

I'm no F1 expert and was simply quoting the official SCX press release (hence the quote marks).

However after a bit of web research I believe Robert Kubica joined Renault at the end of 2009 (Oct 7th 2009) (for the 2010 season) and tested the 2009 car in the 2010 livery at Silverstone.

Based on the pics here

Perhaps they should have simply said 2010 seaons, but it does look like he used the car in this livery in 2009 also.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
QUOTE (Rich68 @ 22 Sep 2011, 01:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've got the jps retro liveried one on pre order from get slotted. Can't wait !

Bring it along to GTRaceway and let it strech its legs as we run scx f1's as a class

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good to see the classic gold and black livery back on a Lotus slot car. Looks great. I won't be buying the Renault but the Lotus will definitely be added to the collection.

·
Registered
149 Posts
QUOTE (JEXY1 @ 22 Sep 2011, 12:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm no F1 expert and was simply quoting the official SCX press release (hence the quote marks).

However after a bit of web research I believe Robert Kubica joined Renault at the end of 2009 (Oct 7th 2009) (for the 2010 season) and tested the 2009 car in the 2010 livery at Silverstone.

Based on the pics here

Perhaps they should have simply said 2010 seaons, but it does look like he used the car in this livery in 2009 also.

Thanks for the clear up!

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Not wanting to nit-pick but surely if the Renault car is fine its the Lotus one that is wrong...... Wasn't that livery only introduced on this year's car? (2011).

So the Lotus 2011 car is just a relivery of the 2010 car? Well that'd make quite a lot of it wrong. Surely we're on the same track as Scaley relivery of the Mercedes car then.

Wrong wings, body shape etc. etc. then folks.

So while the black one might LOOK good, unless i've got this really wrong (maybe at the end of 2010 they reliveried the old car for publicity purposes???) its the yellow one you need if you believe in any type of authenticity for Grand Prix racing.......

Happy motoring

Cheers

Andi

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Not to defend Genii/Group Lotus in any way, shape or form for anything it's done since getting involved with Renault but I think the JPS livery was rolled out on the 2010 car. If Minichamps can get away with 'presentation models' it's a bit harsh on slot manufacturers not to let them do the same!

Anyway, on a lighter note, if we all keep calling it JPS and buying toys the JPS livery, Genii/Group Lotus will get a right royal rollocking from the EU for peddling tobacco products by proxy. Which serves them right for a: being dim enough to put those colours on the car in the first place without checking if JPS still existed and B: using the association of those colours and Team Lotus in its ham-fisted rebranding of the Renault team.

Result!

·
Tore
1,692 Posts
The motor in these is not the RK-41 but the RK-44.

I'm guessing, but it's probably the same motor as the RK-41 but with different shaped "chicken legs" (power pickup tabs) to fit the F1 chassis.

There is already a review "out there" if you search for it

Tore

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Has anyone got any news as to when these are going to hit UK shores (or more to the point UK suppliers)?

Any info welcome!

Cheers,
Philip

1 - 19 of 19 Posts