SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup I bought one, after my last purchase of the SCX DTM CLK Merc I just had to get it a partner to race with!!!

First impressions niccce, runs a bit smoother from the box than the Merc, and it came with slick tyres(the Merc came with them treaded(or should that be dreaded type!),

Anyway after a quick strip(the car not me) and lube(again the car not me!), and I got it on the track for a few hours, I noticed that the Astra seems to corner sort of smooth/faster/maintain more speed through the corner better than the Merc does hard to describe but it just feels better in the corners(how that for a scientific description!),

So I am very happy with my latest purchase and out of these two cars I'd say the Astra is the one to go for*!!!!!

*ie if you like A, SCX cars B, DTM cars

Regards
Sunny

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the Merc now wears a set of slicks on the rear courtesy of the front wheels of the Astra!!! still the same though, I've also had a fiddle with the magnet height but I dont like to lower it to much, as it can quite easily rob the rx motor of response a bit to much for my liking, still I think they are close enough performance wise for it to be the drivers skill(or lack off) which will determine who shall be victor!!!!

Ah Pro-Turbo already tried one of these, got one in my Subaru Impreza(its one of them snow effect creations
a 2001 model I think?), and it was a marked improvement over the standard rx-81 motor, but as you say SCX motors of recent seem to be a bit quicker,

Now not wanting to be accused of commiting slot car blasphemy(sp?), but I only have a fairly small home track and there is no local clubs to race at, and I have done the putting in hotter motors thing before and to be honest(for me) I havent got the track lenth to really reap the benefits of sloting in faster motors(unless I add magnets and create a stuck down bullet which zip's round my track so fast I can barely see the bloody thing!!!!) so I tend to leave the stock motor in, and concentrate on getting them running smoothly/predictable,

Infact I've actauly detuned a few of my cars by putting in slower motors
but in my defence the standard cars I done this to handled pretty bad anyway and other was me dipping my toe in to running without magnets

Regards
Sunny

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.