SlotForum banner

SCX red Seat Cupra GT

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Mo55man 
#1 ·
How does it compare to the SCX Dome Judd Le Mans speed wise?
Any thoughts, tune ups needs or suggestions?
Thanks
Edo

#2 ·
Haven't compared it to any other cars but took it to my club a couple of weeks back and straight out of the box on routed copper tape track it performed really well - lacks top end (as do all SCX cars on this track) but handled the corners really well. In comparison the Dome Judd need a bit of tuning to get it to run on the track. Have not attempted to tune it but it showed excellent promise.

Matt

#3 ·
I personally think the Seat is great if not running with magnet (the downforce slows it down). The handling is superb due to the extremely wide body/chassis and is a bit more forgiving to drive. I would say it's better than the Dome (without magnet) because the Dome is too light for its own good. Whilst the Seat is heavier, it provides better traction under hard acceleration.

I don't think the Seat would be as quick as the Dome in a magnet race, although I haven't raced them head to head yet.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
dome judd has rxc62 motor. same as the pro-turbo that scx sell except longer shaft. believe the seat has rx41 motor. similar to nc1 for revs. pro-turbo is similar to std scalex motor for revs.

on 65 ft sport track, 13.8 volts of high amperage power, dome judd with the magnet turned down 2.5 turns from the stops will run with scalx mg, fly lola b98, other fast out of box cars. all scx motors can benefit from prolonged break in period. two different dome judd motors running at 9 volts repeatedly stopped and restarted for approx an hour before smoothing out. now they are great. two others subjected to same treatment got so hot the plastic end plate melted. it was exciting watching all the smoke.

an advantage these cars have: when they slide it usually is controllable. unlike the previously mentioned out of box cars.

#5 ·
The Cupra I use to race is excellent. As mentioned before lacks top end, but is brilliant around the corners. I have removed the magnet in mine and after the rear lights failed and later the front one's dimmed to barely visible proportions, I bent the prongs up so as to have no lights at all. This obviously gives the motor more power and is now more of a pleasure to drive.

Recommended

M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.