SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the SCX Lancia Delta Integrale earlier, and noticed that it has a different motor than the rest of my SCX rally cars; RX-91.
Is this motor the same as the RX-81 motor in performance? Does anyone know if there is a Pro Turbo version of this motor available?

Haven't had time to test it yet, but if sure looks good. Would be great if SCX could make the Martini livery too.

André

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Ho Roadkill

Go timing!

I tested the Lancia last night for my NSCC February review - first impressions - excellent!

Really smooth.

Here are some quick test data from the Kelvin Light road test at Bowlextric.

All at 12V on the rolling road:

RX91 5430 rpm
RX81 4500 rpm
Pro turbo (4x4) 5500 rpm
Old RX4 4740 rpm
RX41 4800

As far as i know (may find out at the toy fair) no plans for a Pro Turbo RX91.

To put it into context my Citroen Xsara with a Pro Turbo and Pro tyres was half a second down on the Lancia vertually straight out of the box! (wood track non mag).

On the Ninco track at the Slot 32 rally (with mag) it wouldn't come off.

Just need somthing to race against! (won't go in WRC at our club!).

Best release for a while and i didn't get a decent car sent from Spain, i've tried three so far and they all seem excellent.

Gareth

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the clarification, Gareth.
Doesn't seem like there is any need for an upgraded motor from your results.
Looking forward to giving it some track time!

André

·
Jim Moyes
5,074 Posts
Its slightly shorter in armature length- 2 or 3mm, not that that should have any impact on revs, but more interesting is the pole/stack pieces are longer inside the usual sized can. Perhaps one of the motor gurus could enlighten us as to the benefits this will give. I don't think it could be used in the "normal" SCX 4wd range, it won't reach the front axle, though you could lose the front shaft and fit it 2wd style to other cars.

Like Matt, I am pretty sure the latest SCX motors spin a little quicker.

Mr.M

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Hi
At the bolwextric club we were running one of these fresh out of the box against a well run in ford focus(new style) and the first livery of the xsara and we were dead even for around 20 laps. so i see a lot of potential in not only the motor but the car aswell
Cheers
Reuben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts