SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

NSCC members should have now received their latest Journal copies.

In conjunction with Tecnitoys and Bachman we are pleased to offer the Vintage Mini Cooper for the fantastic special offer price of just £14.30 each.

Cars are all brand new, boxed (in the original Red tube box) and are of the SCX variety.

There are not enough for each member to have one so in the event of oversubscription names will be drawn from a hat.

The cars can be collected from a NSCC swapmeet or if required can be posted at an additional cost of £2.50 per car (UK Only).

Not a member of the NSCC? - perhaps now is the time to join?

See our web site WWW.NSCC.CO.UK for full details and a downloadable application form.

Your order for the Mini should reach me no later than 9th August and should be accopanied with a UK cheque made payable to NSCC. Please write your NSCC membership number on the reverse of the cheque. Send your order and payment to:

Gareth Jex
NSCC Promotions (SCX offer)
Care of 2LK Design Ltd
The Courtyard
17 West Street
Farnham
Surrey
GU9 7DR

Thanks Gareth Jex, NSCC

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just for clarification, please make cheques payable to NSCC not to me thanks

(a few arrived this morning made payable to me - i have had to send them back)

Also please write clearly! i need your postal address for deliveries and some peoples handwritting is not the best!

Thanks

Gareth

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Some folks tryping ain't two brillyant neiver!

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Three weeks to go before i have to confirm numbers.

Orders going well, so please send an order if you want one.

I hope the order shouldn't take too long after August 9th, but packing them all may take a while so please be patient.

Thanks

Gareth
NSCC

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just in case some of you missed this offer here is a gentle reminder.

Just over a week to go before i close this offer.

If your not an NSCC member - JOIN!!!

If you like send me your completed NSCC membership application form with your order and i will put you in the draw. NSCC membership applications available on our web site WWW.NSCC.CO.UK

Membership for the remainder of the year (not including back issues) costs just £11.00 so this car would still cost you less than the RRP @ £35 ish.

There are still about fifty or so available to unless i get a last min rush everyone should get their order.

Gareth

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Ah! See I was thinking, what with no magazine appearing and no car appearing either that the NSCC in their wisdom had decided to decline my application to join!

There is still hope then.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Wankel

No you were a special case!!!

Your membership should have gone through OK and you should recieve the next journal in about two weeks, membership card etc will probably be with the journal.

Your order for the car is safely stored with the other cheques waiting for the closing date!

Gareth

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi There,

I have had a look over the website, i could really do with a good magazine to keep up to date with the happenings in the slot world.

I think im interested in becoming a member, can anybody explain in breif what the magazines include?

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably not the best person to give unbiased comments, but here goes:

Monthly journal:

Messages from Margate; lists and show photos of all new Hornby Scalextric models and news of new models, specials, events etc.

Shipment from Spain; As above ref SCX (Written by me)

Review SCX; Reviews of SCX cars (written by club members)

Carrera Corner: As above Carrera (Written by Steve Baker)

FLY: As above FLY (written by Aaron)

Ninco New: as above Ninco

General news, details of swapmeets (NSCC only and Non NSCC)

General articles about collecting

members articles about anything slot related.

Member clasified adverts sales, wants, swaps.

History and collecting articles.

Generally enything slot related, pics, articles all written by members.

Very occasional HO articles.

The club orgainses swap meets, special events, special limited edition members only cars and organises special deals for member (like this one!).

Next year is our 25th anniversary and we are organising a big Slot weekend 21st/22nd May.

Gareth

See the NSCC section on the Forum

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2090

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
QUOTE No you were a special case!!!

How many times have I heard that one from the medical profession!

Your little summary above gives me hope that my membership fees may not be in vain - it's nice to see that the other players seem to be getting a look in too. I look forward to receiving my first mag.

·
Registered
284 Posts
To JEXY1

As it's now past the 9th is there any news on how many requests were made for this car.

What I really want to know is am I guaranteed one,

could I be one of the unlucky few,

or the unlucky masses.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Jak (and everyone else who ordered a SCX Vintage Mini).

The deadline has now passed and i can confirm that everyone who ordered one (who's order i received) will be getting a car!

All your cehques will be paid into the NSCC account on Friday and i placed the order with Tecnitoys last week (took a flyer on the final numbers).

I'm hoping to be able to post (if that's what you asked for) the cars the same day they arrive with me (i have hundreds of cardboard boxes and a six foot bag of poly chips sitting in my office), exact delivery is down to Tecnitoys and Bachmann, but hopefully not too long.

Sorry Jak, but i don't know your real name to confirm if your order got through, but if you send me a PM i can confirm.

All in all i'm quite happy with the response we got, i know most people who wanted on of these cars already has one, but i bought on just so i could use it for conversions etc.

Thanks

Gareth
NSCC

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi All

The SCX Vintage Mini's have arrived in the UK!

The cars should be with me on Friday and if so i will be taking them to the Milton Keynes event on Sunday.

If you stated that you would collect the car please ensure you bring your NSCC membership card and/or some proof of ID for collection (not i will not give out other members cars even if you bring a note from their Mum!).

Those of you that asked for them to be posted (you can always collect on Sunday!) your cars will be posted during next week recorded delivery.

All the best

Gareth Jex
NSCC

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
aaaah! Good news!

I'll swap one for a six pack of Hornby Listers I swiped off the roadshow at Goodwood!

Mr.M

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
To MK?

Probably not, as I expect you'll be leaving at the crack of sparrow's fart. Probably go with Scott at a more civilised time!

cheers anyway

Jim

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Excellent - will pick mine up at MK

Anyone going down to MK and fancy a detour via Northampton to pick me up. We're a one car family and wife wants to go to London to see her folks. As I got MK in the diary first I've got the car but to keep her sweet a lift there and back would be appreciated. Could fit a bit of racing in down my cellar.

PM me if you can help

Matt

·
Registered
284 Posts
Gareth

My Mini arrived in the post this morning.

Many thanks to you and all involved in providing this offer.

JAK

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Jak

Wow! that was quick the Royal Mail sometimes supprise!

Just so everyone knows, all the mini's have now left my office (thank god!).

All were sent recorded (signed for delivery) second class post - i had planned to send them first class, but with the packaging the weight tipped the scales!

Thanks for all your orders, don't forget to read the flyer inside the box!

Gareth
NSCC

1 - 20 of 21 Posts