SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Rumour in Johannesburg has it that SCX is in a bit of financial trouble.Is there any truth in this ? Dearly hope not.
I need tyres and other spares! Lately they have been difficult to obtain.
Someone I know who attended the recent toy fair in Germany, told me that SCX did not exhibit.

Cheers

·
Registered
114 Posts
So far they are still around, and their website is still up. It has always been somewhat of a struggle to get spares from them, especially tyres. SCX is not the only company that is tough to get spares from though.

That being said, I would agree that all signs point toward some concern about the future of SCX. They were not at the toy fair. They have no 2012 catalog so far, and have released no plans for anything new this year. There are other signs too that are not good, but this is all I will say for now.

EDIT: Just checked. 2012 catalog has been promised for release, in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
And some new cars and liveries have already been anounced for the first quater, including a mouthwatering WRC Citroën DS3, though no signs in the shops so far.

SCX's main market is Spain. Given the very bad situation in the country, it is no surprise that they are struggling. It is a marketing law that you may not rely too heavily on a single market. I also noticed that a lot of NASCAR cars are heavily discounted, mybe another mistake. It implies that American sales weren't up to expectations.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The admin of the SCX worldwide forum posted on the 18th of february that the new catalogue for 2012 should be out within three weeks, that sholud mean any day now.

As for all the rumors about SCX Doug posted this in the Nürnberg news thread that he had talked to them and that the rumors were false.

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=685045

·
Registered
998 Posts
QUOTE (Mr GT @ 27 Feb 2012, 18:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As for all the rumors about SCX Doug posted this in the Nürnberg news thread that he had talked to them and that the rumors were false.
To be fair though no company is going to say that they are in financial difficulty.

I do hope that everything at SCX is ok as it's never good to lose a manufacter

·
Mark
735 Posts
i do hope things turn out alright with them if there are any probs, most of the cars i've bought recently have been scx ones and i'm very pleased with them. in particular my oreca pug 908 and lotus f1. not had the lights problems but then i've not been able to run much as my track is in bits for maintenance

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Just because a manufacturer doesn't attend a trade show, it doesnt mean it is in difficulty!

There are lots of other reasons why a non attendance occurs, often political.

SCX seem to be coming up with a number of new products for the UK market.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
SCX rocks! They've had changes of owner before, and it just needs one interested party to take it on. Meanwhile, economics may dictate some more price cuts to shift stock and get some cash flow - good for us consumers in the short term and would hopefully keep them ticking over during this extended recession.

·
Registered
998 Posts
QUOTE (SplitRim @ 28 Feb 2012, 15:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just because a manufacturer doesn't attend a trade show, it doesnt mean it is in difficulty!

That is true but it does not look good when a major make does not show and there will be a reason behind it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts