SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second model that I assembled and paint from this brand Slotmania, seems they produce their own 600 models as well as some other vintage Slots.

'Fact the model comes as a Kit ready to assemble and run, but I simply dont like too much the road cars(I dont think I have more than a dozen road cars), so I decided to give it a more striking livery(I know Gulf has been done sooooo many times by all slot Brands, but its a must in vintage cars), and Gulf was chosen.

Still some work to do but its almost done hehehe.

Live the small tiny cars like this, hope you do as well...

Oh! Almost forgot it, I added a Stinger in the back, as I remmembered Trisha mwntioned them in the Vw Bugs, so since its a small car, I thought it would fit just perfect.
Cheers

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Another nice project, GDS, that will sit well on your track competing against the Karmann-Ghias. Love the Stinger by the way.

·
Registered
625 Posts
No se si el "Seat/Fiat" 600 Abarth se vendió fuera de aquí, pero también salió en una de la colecciones por fascículos. El encanto de este coche era la tapa del motor levantada.

I don't know if the "Seat / Fiat" 600 Abarth was sold outside of here, but it also came out in one of the collections by installments. The charm of this car was the raised engine cover.

Frederic

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No se si el "Seat/Fiat" 600 Abarth se vendió fuera de aquí, pero también salió en una de la colecciones por fascículos. El encanto de este coche era la tapa del motor levantada.

I don't know if the "Seat / Fiat" 600 Abarth was sold outside of here, but it also came out in one of the collections by installments. The charm of this car was the raised engine cover.

Frederic

En efecto el Fiat 600 de Scx del cual he hecho varios, pero esta es la versión de Slotmania, bastante decente de fabrica, como comente viene listo para ensamblar y correr, pero prefiero las decoraciones de carrera, aunque sean de fantasia🙂

Of course the Fiat 600 Scx of which I have done some, but this is the Slotmania mold, pretty decent as factory released, as I comented it comes in kit ready to assemble and run, altough I preffer racing liveries, even if they are fantasy ones.🙂

Cheers

·
Jim Moyes
5,044 Posts
I think the Slotmania ones are from the old Reprotec 600 tooling.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Mr.M. That is correct

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Great looking car GD. SCX made a range of small cars some years ago, mainly a mixture of FIAT/SEAT cars and a Mini.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally finished it! 😃

Rear rims are 3dp, chrome parts came with the kit.

Hope you like it!

Cheers

·
ParrotGod
8,215 Posts
Looking good...did you mount an anti-aircraft cannon in the read? ;-)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looking good...did you mount an anti-aircraft cannon in the read? ;-)
In fact it was an exhaust pipe from some slot it model that I found in the spare box hehehe. The "stinger" was loud and many Vw Bugs had them instaled back in the 80's-90's, that an a Webber carb was a must if you wanted to let everyone know that you arrived Home and/or wake up the neighbours. 😉

·
Registered
108 Posts
Very nice. I've had a soft spot for small, European, rear engine designs that arent Beetles for a long time. Stems from my Dad's tales of his NSU Prinz 30 (with Abarth exhaust), and early exposure to articles about Abarths, Gordinis, Steyr-Puches and Simca 1000 Rallyes. If I were richer, SCX's range of little oddballs would be finding their way to me in considerable numbers.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice. I've had a soft spot for small, European, rear engine designs that arent Beetles for a long time. Stems from my Dad's tales of his NSU Prinz 30 (with Abarth exhaust), and early exposure to articles about Abarths, Gordinis, Steyr-Puches and Simca 1000 Rallyes. If I were richer, SCX's range of little oddballs would be finding their way to me in considerable numbers.
I do have a small collection of "pelotillas" (I suppose oddballs is the equivalent in english), I like them no matter if they already are in the garage, as most times I paint them so livery is irrelevant. Have a few Fiat 600 that are quite fast for the class(mini cars or mini tourism), also the Fiat 1430, the Alpine and the Seat (124?).

Best challenge for these cars is to make them perform well on Track, because they are narrow and very short wheelbased.

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts