SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Darn!
Just when I thought I might be settling on a final layout yours comes along and gets me thinking again!

It looks like a terrific layout. And, like mine, will be sectional on fold-away saw horses/trestles, right?

As Mr. F. says, check out Colsy's layout for a transportable layout with power taps.

Just one question... you are using the underlay as infield filler rather than UNDER the track, correct? Any plans to put anything under the track to lessen the vibration on the wood base?

Will follow this track with great interest.... carry on!

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
QUOTE (dJomp @ 18 Apr 2011, 07:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The track incorporates a few shortened scalextric pit lane exits:

which link up to pit straights with a bit of yellow paint on them, as "reslot points".

Would you mind sharing how you "shortened" the pit lane out track? Seems you kept all the "tabs" for connecting to other track.
To my eye you did not "remove" anything, but it is definitely shorter.

A terrific idea to use these as "reslot points". Something that SCX has offered but the length of the Scaley ones makes them difficult to introduce as manufactured.

BTW, after pricing these pit lane kits, you have a lot invested in the reslot features. Do you think/find the use justifies the cost?

Many thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts