SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
15,792 Posts
Well, let me just say, that's a FANTASTIC looking layout. I'm hard pressed to make any meaningful suggestions for improvement.
Lots of lane changers, two racing line CLCs, 4 purpose built re-slotting points, and a full two lane pit (with room enough for an XLC and a half straight, if you wanted).
I'm looking forward to watching the progress on this one.

·
Greg Gaub
15,792 Posts
I think all the R1 turns are very well placed. Even the one that's hard into the R1 from a straight, there's not enough run up to get much speed before the turn, so it won't catch too many people out. Well, newbies that hold the throttle flat out will come off all over the place. Thank goodness the APB has lots of power level options.

What are you planning to do for continuity reliability? I would suggest that each section have taps to each group of tracks on it, which then connect to the other sections, like Colsy did. If you haven't read through his thread already, you probably should asap, before you get too far along. He came up with a lot of great ideas that work well.

·
Greg Gaub
15,792 Posts
No kill like overkill, eh?
Well done on the base separation.
Are those Scalextric Start F1 cars? The color coding is great! You might consider putting numbers on them as well. I was astonished to find that even though all my controllers and cars were color matched, kids STILL didn't notice that. They saw the big black numbers I put on the controllers, but didn't realize the colors were matched, and couldn't figure out which cars were theirs sometimes. Not all the kids, mind you, but enough for me to realize that both colors and numbers on both cars and controllers is a good idea. At the very least, it will help kids who have certain color blindness.

I look forward to seeing how you figure out power taps when you want to be able to use the same track for rug racing as used for the larger track.

·
Greg Gaub
15,792 Posts
I agree, that's coming together nicely.
It should look splendid with the rest of the lines, some curbs (but like a real track where cars actually leave the pavement when following a race line!), and some grass and people in those large areas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts